• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Paracord

jawa

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2010
TX
Does anybody on the hide sell paracord? I looked on Triad, didnt see anything. Just wanted to check before I bought from an outside company. Thanks

Re: Paracord

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.para-cord.com

They are a Wilson Combat company and sell US made Paracord. I put in an order with them for some spools of cord and a couple skull beads. </div></div>
+1 on para-cord.com. All of my 550 has come from them and it's top quality. Shipping is a little salty so make sure you order a bunch of cord to make it worthwhile. Plus, they give 10% off to LE/MIL.

is there anything at the core of a monkey fist? i have always wanted one for some reason. i looked on ebay for para, but found some at the local army surplus store

Axe - Traditional monkey fists (as used with climbing rope) have no core. Small ones tend to have things in the center (ie: a large ball bearing) to make them larger/heavier.

Everybody should learn how to tie a Monkey's fist, and three or four wrap knots aren't all that difficult. Now, tying one of those 6-wrap knots - that's like solving a puzzle! They use an amazing about of line. These are tied on 3/4 and 1" ball bearings, I must have worked that 6-wrap back and forth a dozen times to get it even....
DSCN1307.jpg

I wish I hadn't seen that link to Countycomm, my package arrived today (skull bead in photo above). Could have used those tweezers last weekend....

DSCN1306.jpg

Cheers,

Bill

hahahahaha, you got a spork!!!
Where is your flint stick? Actualy a flint stick is darn handy when camping or backpacking!!!

I travel with some pretty extensive emergency kits, chow, rather extensive medical kits (IV's, sutures, torniquets etc etc), flash lights, chemlights, fire starters, emergency blankets a knife and a couple other small things in the storage compartment of my truck and my wifes suv. Bad things tend to happen around me so I like to be prepared. I do need a refresher on some of the medical gear I have and a class on chest tubes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stefan73</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hahahahaha, you got a spork!!!</div></div>

Titanium - light as can be....

Yep, a spork along with a whole bunch of other stuff I probably won't ever need/use, I'm a sucker for gadgets. Impulse buys, hence my earlier comment that I wish I hadn't ever seen that site!

Bill

I have more para-cord, duck canvas and other crap like I think you need than I know what to do with. If someone wants some when I get stateside they are welcome to it for the cost of shipping it. Trust me, your not going to find a better deal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lonewolf&#8207;</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have more para-cord, duck canvas and other crap like I think you need than I know what to do with. If someone wants some when I get stateside they are welcome to it for the cost of shipping it. Trust me, your not going to find a better deal.

</div></div>

eta for stateside? i'd love to get some for cheap to mess with...