• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

PCPR July Results

snaglytooth

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 16, 2009
Francis, UT
Thank you guys for another great, and very challenging day. We got lucky with that cloud cover it could have been ugly without it.

First thing I would like to give a HUGE THANK YOU to LAR Manufacturing in West Jordan. These guys are first class in my book. They were gracious enough bring out a couple of their rifles for us all to use in one of our stages, as well as supply all of the ammunition for the stage. Not only did they let us shoot their rifles and ammunition, but Carl also donated 2 upper recievers to the prize table!!
It was great talking to all the guys from LAR they have such a passion and wealth of knowlege for all aspects of the shooting industry. Be on the look out for some very neat NEW products from this company!! I personally can't wait for the new AR10 systems. If anyone has any question about any of LAR's products get ahold of
Zac(Mildotz) he will easily answer any question you may have.

http://www.largrizzly.com/web/guest/home

I also want to say Thanks to James(308er) for helping maintain and upgrade some of the steel targets. He has been alot of help, and has some great ideas for targets. If you are in the market, and want to support a local guy he can hook you up with what ever you want.

Ok here are the Stages that we shot today

Stage #1 1shot@640 1shot@580 1shot@500 1shot@400 1shot@300 1shot#200
Stage #2 kyl @ 200
Stage #3 200yard paper sitting/kneeling
Stage #4 2@ 580 2@500 2@400 2@300 2@200
Stage #5 Poolballs @ 100
Stage #6 4@leaning tree 1@430 non moving mover 1@200loli
Stage #7 Weakside 3@ left 300 3@right 300
Stage #8LAR Munufacturing 2shots off baricade@80 3shots prone@200 two different rifles
Stage #9 500 yard 5 shot group.

Oh yea and the scores changed alittle we forgot to add the poolball scores earlier at the range. Sorry.

071710.png

Re: PCPR July Results

Again an excellent comp. I loved all the stages except the 200 yd sitting/kneeling. That was just mean!

Just and idea, maybe next time you should have a BBQ and camp out the night before. Good way to get to know the guys that set up more than two spots away from you on the line.

Excellent idea! I will be looking at the calander to see if I can fit a match in for August I'm not 100% sure it will happen.

We will be doing the Spirit Ridge rifle golf thing the 28th of August. If you would like to attend let me or Utahstroke know.

OK-Here is the dealio. You shooters need to give your selves a big pat on the back. 3 shoots so far, No attitudes, Ultra safe awareness, unmatched comradery ( Hard to watch hits, keep score and listen to the Bull Shit getting stacked at the same time), Some very skilled shooters, shooting for second place(Ha)and new friendships. You all are just a GREAT bunch to hang with. Thanks so much for the support, kind remarks and suggestions. Snag and I are having the time of our lives putting these things togather. Plus side is I get to be with my son's and share this passion we love.
Now as mentioned be Snag, LAR Manufacturing stepped up with 2 complete AR billet uppers as prizes, supplied rifles and ammo for one of our stages. This was a total shock to Snag and I. Karl Augat, VP with LAR and Zac Merkley(MilDotZ)and Chris, all I can say is THANK YOU!!
I had the fortune to work for LAR back in 1976. Karl was a shadow fallowing his dad, Heinz, around the shop back then. Holly shit I am getting old.
Anyway, this speaks to the need for these shoots. It is a great outlet for us, you shooters, local business's, manufacturers and suppliers to get face time with the end users.
Thanks to ALL!
See you at the next shoot.

Thanks to everyone who showed up to shoot, it just keeps getting better and better!!! I'm with the earlier post, the 200 yd hostage sitting was brutal. Also thanks for the kind words about L.A.R. Manufacturing. It was our pleasure to share in the fun today! Feed back is always wecome (R&D), we're just like you guy's and have a strong passion for the shooting sports. We are always looking for ways to build better products than what's out there. Lookin forward to an "overnighter" Thanks to Snag and Leo for putting it all together!!!

Cheers!

Z

Snag and Stroke,

You and your family have outdone your selves. We truly appreciate the hard work and cost you've put into all you've done to stage these shoots. Wow! What a day.

Also, thanks to the L.A.R. guys for their participation, new friendship and prizes. Very nice shootin irons too.

Can't wait until next time!

Oh, and Zac, at least I think it was you; maybe not. Whom ever loaned me their cleaning rod to clear my barrel. Man, you saved my bacon. For those who didn't know what happened, at the end of the first stage, I chambered my last round, running out of time, and ended up pulling a live round, powder going every where, sans the 130 gr 6.5mm VLD which was now stuck in the lands. I cleared the rifle, pulled the bolt and took it back to my car where I had a long, 1/4" wooden dowel to clear such a jam. A few dozen taps on the bullet didn't pop the bullet free. I felt that the end of the dowel was getting beat and feared I might jam some wood down the bore so I pulled the dowel and swapped ends and inserted fresh end. A few taps later and to my horror, the dowel broke off exactly at the muzzle. Here I was, 4 rounds fired in a 60 odd round match and I had my barrel completely filled with bullet and wood. What was I to do? PANIC! Shit a brick! Scream! Not to mention the thought of having a ruined barrel leading to the cost and time to get a new Krieger made and subsequently installed by my 'smith. A few very careful taps with the cleaning rod and it all came loose.

This evening I stopped off at my local hardware store and perused different types of rods to keep in the car should such an occurance happen again; wood, plastic, cold rolled steel or just my Dewey cleaning rod?

Alan

Alan, I've had that happen before, I didn't have a dowel, I just used my dewey rod. on several occasions I beat it out so hard that is pushed the bullet back into the case and smashed the bullet into a semi wadcutter. In the future, you might try this; a buddie and I were out in the middle of nowhere when he did the same thing, powder every where. Not having a rod on hand, I very carefully hand pulled a bullet from one of his live rounds, and Very cautiously (keeping the round upright, and after cleaning out all the powder) chambered it into the rifle. and shot out the offending bullet.

Thanks Leo and Eric. Another great match.

Big Thank you to LAR. Mildot - I'm gonna be looking you up at the end of the summer to get my AR going. Thanks for the huge leg up with your donation to the prize table!

I've heard it said before....."It is always better to be lucky than good"!!!!

I'm down for a camp out.

Thanks again guys.

-c

hell ya thanks you guys that was awesome its awesome to be able to go to these and enjoy being around everybody there not not a single a hole that ive met yet awesome group of guys and thanks lar for the trigger time on the new toys cant wait to add another lar to the collection and its nice to put some faces to the lar name as well.thanks to eric and his fam for the range and all the hard work great job and the lunch and drinks was above and beyond! cant wait for the next one im game for the overnighter maybe even get in a low light stage??

Snag and Leo Thanks for putting on a great match as always!!!
I had a great time again and would like to also thank Karl Augat, VP with LAR and Zac Merkley(MilDotZ)and Chris, For the very generous prize table!!!! you guys put together some very high quality products I cant wait to get this receiver paired up with one or your handguards and a barrel..
A camp out the day before one of the shoots sounds great. And by the way, filet and lobster always make me SLEEP IN. hint. hint.

Just need to say THANKS for all the effort and time to put this shoot on

You guys are all good shooters!!!
and it is nice to see all of you there and have a great time

thanks to the LAR guys as well

PS the sloppy joe's were great !!!!

Ditto on all the praise for this last shoot. It is amazing how quickly this shoot is getting grooved in. It is very efficiently run and very challenging. Great bunch of guys to shoot with. The sloppy Joes hit the spot after the shoot.