• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

PERSEUS-Sentinel from UGSW

BlackOps Tech

Still The Head Skunk
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
This is the Underground Skunkworks PERSEUS with a bit of a twist. Instead of using the MCS-T4A, we customized a KMW Sentinel. Build specs are:

UGSW Model 911 Action
Nitride Treated Bolt
UGSW Trigger
UGSW Fire Control Set-Up
Bartlein RECON Contour Barrel, 22", .308
Custom Knurled Cap
BO EFR
KMW Sentinel, Filled In/Re-Inletted, Re-Contoured Grip, DBM and Forend Areas, Re-Textured
Custom UGSW Fit and Finish
ATLAS Forend Rail
Custom MultiCam Paint

2ljgnig.jpg

et7gk0.jpg

x5xcu0.jpg

fon341.jpg

2reozmp.jpg

Re: PERSEUS-Sentinel from UGSW

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jeff 03</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike, why do you show me things like this?? Espically when I am waiting on my build. This makes me want change things... or buy another. </div></div>

+1

Ide imagine offering a conversion for the guys that have a Sentinel to mount an Atlas Rail up front might wrangle you...or Terry some more work.

Is that a dip, or paint?

The rifle looks great!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wheres-Waldo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ide imagine offering a conversion for the guys that have a Sentinel to mount an Atlas Rail up front might wrangle you...or Terry some more work.
</div></div>

Check Terry's website he has a rail portion now that can be ordered for the Sentinel. I just got one not to long ago. I believe when I ordered mine he has them in OD or Desert Tan currently.

Mike
Yet again another outstanding rifle from your shop. Im glad to see you still have time to come up with new ideas or at least a different spin to one of your already wonderful rifles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wheres-Waldo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ide imagine offering a conversion for the guys that have a Sentinel to mount an Atlas Rail up front might wrangle you...or Terry some more work.

Is that a dip, or paint?

The rifle looks great! </div></div>

That is a standard option with the KMW stocks now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chawk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That one looks really good too! </div></div>

Thanks Chris. We're a couple weeks out on your PERSEUS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jeff 03</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike, why do you show me things like this?? Espically when I am waiting on my build. This makes me want change things... or buy another. </div></div>

Thanks Jeff, and sorry....It's who I am and what I do
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rwest</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sweet 6 lb 8 oz baby jesus...

That is Amazing. </div></div>

Thanks Bobby. Let's plan to talk about the .300BLK pretty soon....

Awesome rifle Mike. It seems everything you touch turns to gold. When Terry ever comes out with his folding version i want one. I think i better start a Mike Bush fund for 1 soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the tang and ejection port are perfect. thats a super clean build as usual </div></div>

Thanks AXE.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D_TROS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whats that weigh in at? 14 lbs w/no scope?

Man that sweet looking set up.

_DT </div></div>

Thanks. You nailed it...Without the bipod and scope it's 13.8 lbs. I'd say deployable weight would be 16ish....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Loving that setup... </div></div>

Thanks Chiller....

Is that a dip, or paint?

The rifle looks great! </div></div>

Thanks Waldo. This was an older Sentinel, which was prior to the newer forend hardware. We probably still would have re-structured the forend a little on the newer one, but I like the new forend hardware. On this one, we inletted the ATLAS into the forend.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rdgshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike
Yet again another outstanding rifle from your shop. Im glad to see you still have time to come up with new ideas or at least a different spin to one of your already wonderful rifles. </div></div>

Thanks Dane. I owe you an e-mail.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sumpter Steve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">She's a beauty Mike. </div></div>

Thanks Steve and give my thanks again to Jen for taking care of the certificate for me....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mclevela</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I want one of these. I will have one of these.
As usual great looking build. </div></div>

Thanks....Much appreciated.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dan Tucker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Awesome rifle Mike. It seems everything you touch turns to gold. When Terry ever comes out with his folding version i want one. I think i better start a Mike Bush fund for 1 soon. </div></div>

Thanks Dan. We'll be talking in a couple days. Your KUKRI is in the finish room.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastford</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i want it!!!! </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: .257</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congrats on a sweet build!!!

The clean look of the inlet of the stock is amazing.

That is setting the bar high!

The little things sure make a huge diffrence! </div></div>

Thanks guys. All our builds are purely hand-finished and the small details are always the most important....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrob300</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You're gonna need God to add an 8th day to the week at this rate... awesome as usual, Mike...

John </div></div>

Thanks John....I was told yesterday that the primer I've been waiting for should arrive early next week. This gets us caught up on all the stocks that are awaiting primer and final QA/top-coats. Of course I'm saying this because your .260 Tikka stock is in that category.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Send__IT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like this!!! </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: head2h2o</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice build for sure. </div></div>

Thanks Guys....

Ok Mike, seriously? Would you just slow down & give us a chance to catch our breaths? I mean, everytime I open one of your threads, I say, "Yep, now I need that one."

It's just getting a little ridiculous at this point
grin.gif
!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J-Ham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok Mike, seriously? Would you just slow down & give us a chance to catch our breaths? I mean, everytime I open one of your threads, I say, "Yep, now I need that one."

It's just getting a little ridiculous at this point
grin.gif
! </div></div>

Sorry Dude but it's about to get worse. I just hired another guy and it's essentially the equivalent of cloning Tim. Now's there's three of us. You'll be seeing some pretty cool new additions coming down the pike in a few weeks
grin.gif

Also, let's hook up on the phone soon. I finally convinced "someone" to sell me the parts I needed for your rifle. For some reason, they told me the parts were on the restricted list, but it's been squared away. I have a few questions about your bolt knob....

Mike- as usual the fit an finish on this looks amazing. I'm counting down the days until my barrel and stock arrive so I can ship it to you. We spoke about filling in and re-inletting my my McM A-5 as well. Perhaps others might be interested in hearing about that process as well. I was sold on it after we spoke.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: swage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike- as usual the fit an finish on this looks amazing. I'm counting down the days until my barrel and stock arrive so I can ship it to you. We spoke about filling in and re-inletting my my McM A-5 as well. Perhaps others might be interested in hearing about that process as well. I was sold on it after we spoke. </div></div>

Thanks Swage. Let me know when you're ready and we'll take care of it....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Papagallos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You suck at building disgusting rifles!!!!
grin.gif
</div></div>

Now that's funny. Thanks....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skunkworks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just hired another guy and <span style="font-weight: bold">it's essentially the equivalent of cloning Tim.</span></div></div>

Utter heresy. I'll believe it when I see it.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skunkworks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was told yesterday that the primer I've been waiting for should arrive early next week. This gets us caught up on all the stocks that are awaiting primer and final QA/top-coats. <span style="font-weight: bold">Of course I'm saying this because your .260 Tikka stock is in that category. </span></div></div>

Best news I've gotten all day.

Thanks Mike,

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrob300</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skunkworks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just hired another guy and <span style="font-weight: bold">it's essentially the equivalent of cloning Tim.</span></div></div>

Utter heresy. I'll believe it when I see it.
wink.gif
</div></div>

Yeah you're right, so after about six months or so....

Beautiful rifle love the stock hope to have one for my next build. Do you have the integral mounting block installed or did you bed it? We get a range report for this baby yet?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goatphius</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Beautiful rifle love the stock hope to have one for my next build. Do you have the integral mounting block installed or did you bed it? We get a range report for this baby yet? </div></div>

Thanks Goat....There's no integral block for the Sentinel (designed by KMW and manufactured by McMillan).

We actually fill in the original inlet and custom fit the new inlet to the barreled action. The bedding components/process coupled with the hand-finish is how we attain the UGSW Fit and Finish.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is that beast for someone or for sale?
wink.gif
</div></div>

You barely missed it Adam. It was a build that someone backed out on, but it didn't last long. I'm probably going to call Terry and get a few stocks to do a few of these to have on hand though.

Mike, that is awesome...I really like that KMW stock. I can't wait to get my lefty Perseus...I am chomping at the bit and if it is as nice as this (I am sure it is) I will be blown away.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSTARSZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike, that is awesome...I really like that KMW stock. I can't wait to get my lefty Perseus...I am choping at the bit and if it is as nice as this (I am sure it is) I will be blown away. </div></div>

Thanks Timothy. Your PERSEUS is bedded and the hand-finish is complete. We're awaiting the arrival of our primer so we can get the first coat on it. After it's primed, it goes through a QA process and if it requires no further attention (if it's perfect), then it's ready for the Black Epoxy topcoat/spatter texture.

Your barreled action is good to go and ready for the finish room....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skunkworks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks Goat....There's no integral block for the Sentinel (designed by KMW and manufactured by McMillan).
</div></div>

That is not correct.
There over a 150 stocks on the street with the Integrated Mounting Block. The 1st ones were beta tested in July, 2008.
It is working very, very well. Below is a view of the short action-RH.

SAIMBTOP.jpg

Nice rifle Mike.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike, how do you like that stock compared to the AI stocks? I think I might do a .300wm for my next rifle. </div></div>

I like shooting behind both and have different preferences for different applications.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Terry Cross</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> That is not correct.
There over a 150 stocks on the street with the Integrated Mounting Block. The 1st ones were beta tested in July, 2008.
It is working very, very well.

Nice rifle Mike. </div></div>

Sorry....I stand corrected....I tend to not venture very far outside my preference for Manners stocks, but I'm starting to do a lot more Sentinel based builds.

Thanks Terry....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skunkworks</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is that beast for someone or for sale?
wink.gif
</div></div>

You barely missed it Adam. It was a build that someone backed out on, but it didn't last long. I'm probably going to call Terry and get a few stocks to do a few of these to have on hand though. </div></div>

Give me a holler when you have some being built

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skunkworks</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is that beast for someone or for sale?
wink.gif
</div></div>

You barely missed it Adam. It was a build that someone backed out on, but it didn't last long. I'm probably going to call Terry and get a few stocks to do a few of these to have on hand though. </div></div>

Give me a holler when you have some being built </div></div>

I plan to order two stocks on Monday and the two rifles are spoken spoken for because of this post. If you want me to order you a stock, let me know. In fact, anyone interested in this build can let me know if you want a stock ordered for you and I'll get in touch with Terry. I'll wait until Friday (June 10) to get in touch with him.