• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

PERSEUS-Sentinel from UGSW

Re: PERSEUS-Sentinel from UGSW

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Terry Cross</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skunkworks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks Goat....There's no integral block for the Sentinel (designed by KMW and manufactured by McMillan).
</div></div>

That is not correct.
There over a 150 stocks on the street with the Integrated Mounting Block. The 1st ones were beta tested in July, 2008.
It is working very, very well. Below is a view of the short action-RH.

SAIMBTOP.jpg

Nice rifle Mike.</div></div>

Can you explain the mounting block vs bedding?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can you explain the mounting block vs bedding?</div></div>

The block gives you the option of not having to bed the action, and since the action isn't bedded can be removed to work on or replaced much more easily. Of course considering the new action fits the block. From what I understand Mr. Cross's I.M.B. can fit any action that has a 700SA foot print.

Bedding the action to the stock "marries" them together better and gives the action more surface area contact with the stock. Another point in favor of the KMW IMB over other mounting block and chassis systems is that his has more surface area contact with the action than the others (someone correct me if I'm saying this wrong). And you always have the option to skim bed the action into the mounting block to give it a better fit -- GAP does this with their rifles mounted in the AICS 1.5/2.0 stocks. I have read a lot of reviews on the Mcree, XLR chassis, and AICS that show a rifle doesn't need to be bedded to be a sub MOA rifle and in many they are getting down to the .2s and .3s with no bedding.

I know my next build will be in a mounting block and if I have it my way it will be a KMW IMB in a Sentinel stock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skunkworks</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skunkworks</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is that beast for someone or for sale?
wink.gif
</div></div>

You barely missed it Adam. It was a build that someone backed out on, but it didn't last long. I'm probably going to call Terry and get a few stocks to do a few of these to have on hand though. </div></div>

Give me a holler when you have some being built </div></div>

I plan to order two stocks on Monday and the two rifles are spoken spoken for because of this post. If you want me to order you a stock, let me know. In fact, anyone interested in this build can let me know if you want a stock ordered for you and I'll get in touch with Terry. I'll wait until Friday (June 10) to get in touch with him. </div></div>

Mike, I am interested. But can you do a 260 instead of a 308?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike, I am interested. But can you do a 260 instead of a 308?
</div></div>

Every post I read KYS is trying to buy another rifle. What line of work are you in, I'm considering a change of profession you need a business partner!?

Beautiful rifle, love seeing a new breed of rifles coming out of the Skunkworks! What is the wait time for a KMW Sentinel stock?... Terry or Mike please chime in I'd love to have one, thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Special Delivery</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Beautiful rifle, love seeing a new breed of rifles coming out of the Skunkworks! What is the wait time for a KMW Sentinel stock?... Terry or Mike please chime in I'd love to have one, thanks. </div></div>

Thanks SD. I'm not certain what the Sentinel delivery time is, but I'll be reaching out for Terry later this week.