• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

PETITION: DTA left hand Chassis

Jedi

Team AndiCapp
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2003
Mountains
Ok fella lefties
If like me your waiting on DTA to flip the bolt and turn out a left hand chassis, but keep hearing more n more thats unlikely to happen
Well $$ talk and BS walks so they say, so if the numbers are sufficient it will @ least serve to perhaps prod them into action.
Sound off, lefties

Re: PETITION: DTA left hand Chassis

tag, I have a feeling this is going to be a funny thread
smile.gif

Popcorn anyone?

Providing supporting data via potential interest or market research
= a funny thread

another ASS clown, congrats
nothing to add to thread, not even a lefty just here to show case your intelligence and a failed education system

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jedi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congrats
for being the first dumb ass comment
lurk elsewhere ass hat
</div></div>

10-4, roger, aye aye Cappin, lurking elsewhere........ST. Elsewhere

P.S. I beat my weenis left handed, does that count?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jedi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Providing supporting data via potential interest or market research
= a funny thread

another ASS clown, congrats
nothing to add to thread, not even a lefty just here to show case your intelligence and a failed education system
</div></div> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VJJPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jedi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congrats
for being the first dumb ass comment
lurk elsewhere ass hat
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jamescaan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=6mjeSCK2x78

Just trying to settle things down here.
smile.gif
</div></div>

10-4, roger, aye aye Cappin, lurking elsewhere........ST. Elsewhere

P.S. I beat my weenis left handed, does that count?</div></div>

LMAO, tell me that's not funny. When someone gets called out, it tends to become an amusing thread. I'm not making fun of the lefties
wink.gif

wheres boltripper?

VJ
No one cares about your childish remarks which aptly highlite
your lack of intellect

UNLESS YOUR A LEFTY, SEEKING A DTA
WHY ARE YOU POSTING

other to shit on thread and impress upon others your a frakin imbecile, the world would be a better place if folk like you were destroyed at birth.

Yep breaking cheek weld to cycle bolt on every shot
hmmmm that sounds just perfect
wonder why right handed guys dont shoot left bolt rifles

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wtchdr4011</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought VJJ was a funny sumbitch.
</div></div>

Concur.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jedi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yep breaking cheek weld to cycle bolt on every shot
wonder why right handed guys dont shoot left bolt rifles </div></div>

Honestly, cause they dont offer the DTA in lefty, so I couldnt try it out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jedi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yep breaking cheek weld to cycle bolt on every shot
wonder why right handed guys dont shoot left bolt rifles </div></div>

I have been shooting right handed rifles so long I wouldn't know how to operate a left handed one.

Ambi shooter, DTA owner, Marine.
Improvise, adapt, overcome.

Lefty on a DTA isn't ideal, but far from unpleasant or undoable.

With as many leftys as currently own DTAs, my guess is they will spend limited resources on more broadly marketable products.

It isn't that they don't care about leftys, just that any good marksman should be able to shoot lefty or righty.

Few problems in marksmanship that good training cannot overcome.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jedi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">VJ
your lack of intellect

WHY ARE YOU POSTING

other to shit on thread and impress upon others your a frakin imbecile, the world would be a better place if folk like you were destroyed at birth. </div></div>

main1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762frmafr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm a lefty...but I wouldn't be interested in a DTA in left handed unless they fixed the ejection problems and made bigger mags...</div></div>

mines come with a midget that extracts my empty cases.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jedi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">VJ
your lack of intellect

WHY ARE YOU POSTING

other to shit on thread and impress upon others your a frakin imbecile, the world would be a better place if folk like you were destroyed at birth. </div></div>

Wound a bit tight today, are we?

I'm a lefty, but not interested. I shoot rifle righty and handgun lefty. I don't think it's a bad question to gain interest, but exposing yourself as a thin skinned so quickly in a thread doesn't seem to be a wise reaction, quite un-jedi like, more sith if you ask me.
This is just my opinion mind you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rancid Coolaid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Lefty on a DTA isn't ideal </div></div>

Really
When i drop $5k on a rig it wont be a compromise in function or fit for my needs, which has little to do with weak side shooting.

Wonder how many would be shooting A DTA if it was left bolt only?

I'm a lefty (I guess an ignorant one, as I don't have any idea what a DTA is), but the attitude coming out in this thread makes me wonder if I should acknowledge it on this forum in the future!

While I occasionally get a bit envious of all the beautiful toys available to the majority, it only makes me more determined to support those who do build equipment for those of us who are "handicapped".

Years ago when I decided I wanted to own handguns and become proficient with them I told myself I'd start out practicing and using only right-hand handguns and accesssories <span style="text-decoration: underline">as a right-hander</span> so that the initial awkwardness would seem all new equipment related, and other than turning my head just slightly to accommodate a dominant left eye, it's worked like a charm. Wish I'd known to do that at age 6 or so when I first started shooting a rifle!

Bob

Funny I keep seeing 2 people posting about some extraction problems in DTAs. I have two of the first 100 made Gen 1s and neither has had an extraction problem ever. Not that it can't happen but mine have been flawless to date. My only problem was one of light primer strikes on one of them and they replaced the spring and firing pin immediately for me. If they didn't work i would have sold them way back up the track and went back to a GAP or something similar. The 338LM with green skins has even been elk hunting in late Nov in Colorado, no problems either.

My god I realize everyone will have issues somewhere but this site is so bad about blowing shit out of proportion. I have seen crane built mk13's that won't cycle correctly, I've seen KAC rifles fall apart time and time again, lets not even touch the issues I've watched with mk17's (scar). It's a different design and a good portion of issues can be traced to the end user. How many barrels have you guys seen go out cuz of bad cleaning habits and user error? Yet I'm sure online that guy is a fucking expert and bashes the gunsmith when his new custom gun with a broughton barrel opens up after 400 rounds. I have shot both gen 1 and 2 and have had less issues then with almost any of my work or personal weapons. I had a weak firing pin spring, swapped it myself and the guns have been flawless since. Stop bandwagon jumping if you have no experience yourself. And on that token don't be a fanboy and blindly follow companies no matter what there are too many option out there to tell everyone there is only one way to go

Rant over

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My god I realize everyone will have issues somewhere but this site is so bad about blowing shit out of proportion. I have seen crane built mk13's that won't cycle correctly, I've seen KAC rifles fall apart time and time again, lets not even touch the issues I've watched with mk17's (scar). It's a different design and a good portion of issues can be traced to the end user. How many barrels have you guys seen go out cuz of bad cleaning habits and user error? Yet I'm sure online that guy is a fucking expert and bashes the gunsmith when his new custom gun with a broughton barrel opens up after 400 rounds. I have shot both gen 1 and 2 and have had less issues then with almost any of my work or personal weapons. I had a weak firing pin spring, swapped it myself and the guns have been flawless since. Stop bandwagon jumping if you have no experience yourself. And on that token don't be a fanboy and blindly follow companies no matter what there are too many option out there to tell everyone there is only one way to go

Rant over</div></div>

Amen

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rancid Coolaid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ambi shooter, DTA owner, Marine.
Improvise, adapt, overcome.

Lefty on a DTA isn't ideal, but far from unpleasant or undoable.

With as many leftys as currently own DTAs, my guess is they will spend limited resources on more broadly marketable products.

It isn't that they don't care about leftys, just that any good marksman should be able to shoot lefty or righty.

Few problems in marksmanship that good training cannot overcome. </div></div>
<span style="font-size: 17pt">x2</span>
I'm not an owner, but otherwise, this gentleman and I are on the exact same page. DTA represents the pinnacle of tactical rifles. There are designed for dynamic environments. Adapt, overcome.

I shoot my SRS left handed and while I have to move my head and lose the cheekweld I'm not in such a big hurry that its a problem. I didn't buy the rifle to keep teeming hordes of barbarians from overrunning my position so I've got plenty of time. I've let other lefty's shoot my rifle and at least one has also purchased one. Leftys tend to be more adaptable than the poor right handed majority so most of us aren't that worked up about being discriminated against. Screw-em, we'll adapt and they'll be overwhelmed.

Just my opinion.

Frank

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My god I realize everyone will have issues somewhere but this site is so bad about blowing shit out of proportion. I have seen crane built mk13's that won't cycle correctly, I've seen KAC rifles fall apart time and time again, lets not even touch the issues I've watched with mk17's (scar). It's a different design and a good portion of issues can be traced to the end user. How many barrels have you guys seen go out cuz of bad cleaning habits and user error? Yet I'm sure online that guy is a fucking expert and bashes the gunsmith when his new custom gun with a broughton barrel opens up after 400 rounds. I have shot both gen 1 and 2 and have had less issues then with almost any of my work or personal weapons. I had a weak firing pin spring, swapped it myself and the guns have been flawless since. Stop bandwagon jumping if you have no experience yourself. And on that token don't be a fanboy and blindly follow companies no matter what there are too many option out there to tell everyone there is only one way to go

Rant over</div></div>

If this wasn't so long it would be my signature.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Guns4570</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Funny I keep seeing 2 people posting about some extraction problems in DTAs. I have two of the first 100 made Gen 1s and neither has had an extraction problem ever. Not that it can't happen but mine have been flawless to date. My only problem was one of light primer strikes on one of them and they replaced the spring and firing pin immediately for me. If they didn't work i would have sold them way back up the track and went back to a GAP or something similar. The 338LM with green skins has even been elk hunting in late Nov in Colorado, no problems either. </div></div>

Never had a single problem extracting .308.