• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Picatinny rail for Steyr AUG - help!

mouse07410

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2010
MA, USA
I got Picatinny rail for the AUG for the ability to swap the native integral sight (1.5x, no illumination) with ACOG. The logic seemed good.

Now the problem: the native sight moves in and out very smoothly. But the rail - I just can't push it in beyond 3/4 in max, and to fit it needs to go about 5 in.

I don't want to lose the ability to swap between the two sights (native and ACOG), but most of all I'm afraid of pushing this darn rail say half-way and getting it stuck there...

I called the dealer who sold me the part - he suggested to rub the rail with steel wool (where it slides on the receiver) and put some light oil. I tried it. Steel wool doesn't even scratch the finish of that rail part.

Please! Is there a way to get this rail moving smoothly on AUG receiver? This Picatinny rail part looks to me original Steyr, marked SWD Z1. No other markings on it, and Picatinny slots are not numbered.

Thanks!

Re: Picatinny rail for Steyr AUG - help!

Oh no, no interference with the stock at all. I disassemble the rifle and isolate receiver (which is A2). The only issue is to actually slide this rail onto the corresponding (matching?
smile.gif
) place of the receiver. As I said - the native sight slides in and out smooth as castor oil...

Re: Picatinny rail for Steyr AUG - help!

Gotcha I was asking around and I just can't seem to find much info on the rails for the older AUG's. I wish I was more help sorry... I hope you find a solution to your issue.