• Frank's Lesson's Contest

We want to see your skills! Post a video between now and November 1st showing what you've learned from Frank's lessons and 3 people will be selected to win a free shirt. Good luck everyone!

Create a channel Learn more
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Pig or Hog saddle?

jinxx4ever

Just Cruising
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Sep 26, 2013
    Nebraska
    getting ready to purchase either the pig or hog saddle. Can anyone tell me what i gain using one over the other. Reading the specs, seems the hog doesn't open as wide but is lighter is weight than the hog. But is over double the price. Any insite would b appreciated. thanks

The HOG Saddle is CNC machined aluminum making it 30% lighter weight than the PIG Saddle. The PIG Saddle is slightly heavier due to its steel construction.

Stability wise, the MOD7 HOG Saddle will feel slightly more stable when shooting past 600 yards. Ranges closer than 600 yds are equally stable.

A premium product VS a proven product that gets the job done & doesn’t break the bank

*Since the PIG Saddle closes to a slightly smaller dimension, it is sometimes a more appropriate choice when using an ultra-thin competition rifle chassis that is 1.5” wide. Check your chassis width if you own a McRee, MPA, or MDT aftermarket chassis.

HOG Saddle
    • Max opening 2-5/8”
    • Minimum opening 1-1/2”
    • Weight 15.8oz

PIG Saddle
    • Max opening 3-1/8”
    • Minimum opening 1-3/8”
    • Weight 1.4 lbs

I like my pig, but it does have a little flex in the jaws. I’ve made consistent hits off of it and a slick sprint 150 Tripod out to 1000 yards. Granted, I’ll probably upgrade to the hog and a beefier tripod at some point as I’ve been sold on the concept.