• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Pissed!

Revenge Seeker

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 9, 2007
VA. U.S.A
So, I had to go to the court house today to see about my suspended license.

here's the backstory- I was pulled over about 6 months ago, and got a charge of driving on suspended. When I was pulled over the officer told me (and i quote) "If you get your license re-instated before your court date, everything will be taken care of and there will be no need to be present"

Well, today, I found out that due to the fact that I didn't show up to my case, I was given a $200 fine and have to pay the DMV a re-instatement fee of another $100 (the same fee I had to pay to get my license re-instated so this would go away the first time.)

So, Im out another 300 bucks, while unemployed, with no license.

Officers, I'm sure this isn't the norm but I plea, MAKE SURE the information you're giving out is GOOD info. I went to file a complaint against the officer in question not long ago, and was only given the option to file as "malicious conduct unbecoming of an officer" . NOW, I dont want to be the one to cost this guy his job, but I do want to make sure he knows he fucked up, anything I can do?

(rant off)

Re: Pissed!

If you hadn't been breaking the law you wouldn't have to be worrying about it in the first place.

Say, why was your license suspended originally for.......?

And come to think about it, what were you doing that got you pulled over and cited for driving on a suspended?

Whole story is missing here......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WASP7067</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would talk directly to the Dept of licensing or DMV, they know those laws inside and out.</div></div>Relying on advice from a functionary in a government department is how he got the bad advice in the first place.

Graham's Rule #1 is: Don't seek legal advice from laypeople.

Maybe the officer was half right or you only heard half the explanation.

It is possible, depending what state you live in, that you could get the license reinstated and not show up to the court date in front of the judge but you would still need to take the info to the court clerk to show the reinstatement. Sort of like a fix it ticket. They don't have proof of the fix you see the judge or pay the fine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Creeter2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When I was pulled over the officer told me (and i quote) "If you get your license re-instated before your court date, everything will be taken care of and there will be no need to be present"

</div></div>

Are you sure you heard him correctly - you ALWAYS have to go to court on a suspended license.

I'm suprised you didn't have a bench warrant for that...usually they wait until you get a second DWLS....then they give you 6 mos in jail...

You always go to court over traffic, PERIOD.

If a summons was issued, it's a summons, summons means you are being summoned to a location, such as a courthouse, or the court clerk to pay a fine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rth1800</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like to see game violators punished. Alot. </div></div>

It's ignorance like this that make people like me, hate people like you.

The game charge was spotlighting. I was coyote hunting and poachers had been in the area. My only violation was having a spotlight, and loaded firearm in my posession, walking back to the truck. If you dont know what you're talking about, shut the fuck up.

game violator? Is that something you do when you're the banker in a Monopoly game? I recently got the "flash" while driving south on I-17 (phx), the photo-enforcement gimmick. I signed the letter stating "yes" it was me, first time I drove that section of road - and honestly thought SL was 65 not 55. Was doing 69mph. Not sure what happens next, I guess a ticket will show up in the mail or a summons.

Creeter2,

Your current situation sounds like a depressing country music song. Hopefully your dog and girl haven't left you. Been there, done that myself on a few occasions.

All this started over a "game violation". Hmmm... I think there is lesson in there somewhere....

Best of luck.. Fly the straight and narrow.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rth1800</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like to see game violators punished. Alot. </div></div>

The kind that steal quarters from video games or the kind like my neighbor who shoot 4 or 5 deer?

My neighbor had a 10k fine, the kid stealing quarters had a $300 fine.

Yeah, me too!

Pretty bold not knowing the circumstance of the charge. VA regulations read like a legal dictionary. Shooting a gobbler in spring during season with buchshot can make you a game violator, not a poacher. Big difference sometimes.

Creeter, I always let local law know if possible, landowner if not, when I'll be predator hunting at night. Eliminates the hastle when people assume I'm poaching deer instead of killing fox or coyotes at night. Doesn't hurt to warn their neighbors either. Prevents a lot of call ins.

Never had it happen, but know all to well how easy it can be. I've heard the horror stories and the ridiculous things that actually stick in court. Unbelievable to say the least. Had a great uncle that was a preacher. Caught limit of trout. Was handing his fishing pole to his wife while trying to cross a creek holding it by the tip, not the butt of the rod. Hook fell off eyelet and hit water and he got charged fishing over limit. Man was as straight laced as they come, go figure. Guess he should have cut the hook off and thrown it away when done with his limit huh?

I couldn't believe this charge stuck, one because I wasn't doing anything wrong, and two, they had no proof... the law reads that the game warden has the burden of "evidence", but the judge apparently just listens to what the officers have to say.

A good lawyer may have helped you, but likely would have cost more than the ticket. You can be ticketed for leaning your loaded firearm against the tire of your truck or on the tailgate while zipping up your coat in VA. How many people have done that? You can be ticketed for carrying a loaded firearm on your ATV here too. No loaded weapons on a motor vehicle. Will it stand in court, maybe not, but who wants to have to deal with that?

Anybody caught violating game needs to lend a tip to the guy in the Roping a Deer thread... then he can be punished.

Seriously though, if animals are bountiful and you're eating the meat, I cannot fathom the basic concept of a gaming law except as to placing other humans in danger. The animals have no more right to eat and sh1t than I do, and since I too am allowed to sh1t in woods so I must also be allowed to replenish the supply so to speak.

But the law is the law and I obey it so long as I have other ways to feed myself. I'm just glad I can collect rainwater without interference still.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BugSniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Seriously though, if animals are bountiful and you're eating the meat, I cannot fathom the basic concept of a gaming law except as to placing other humans in danger. The animals have no more right to eat and sh1t than I do, and since I too am allowed to sh1t in woods so I must also be allowed to replenish the supply so to speak.
</div></div>

I agree completely. Everyone is complaining about the amount of deer/auto collisions, yet they are making it more and more of a PITA to legally hunt them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Creeter2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I couldn't believe this charge stuck, one because I wasn't doing anything wrong, and two, they had no proof... the law reads that the game warden has the burden of "evidence", but the judge apparently just listens to what the officers have to say.</div></div>In your case you <span style="font-style: italic">were</span> doing something wrong because you admit that they met their burden of proof.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And remember, you continue to be a victim when you insist on blaming someone else for your circumstances. </div></div>

Creeter,
I am honored to be hated by a criminal I have never met. I am honored to be hated by many I have helped to put behind bars as well.
Bug,
I am sure if you act on your impulses to violate game laws, someone will come along and explain them in a mannor you can fathom. If you have not noticed, this is somewhat of a LE site. I would guess over 25% of the guys on here are in some way affiliated with LE. Not a good place to be spouting off your twisted logic. In many areas, if you "cannot fathom" game and trespassing laws, you will need to fathom some jail time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WASP7067</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would talk directly to the Dept of licensing or DMV, they know those laws inside and out.</div></div>Relying on advice from a functionary in a government department is how he got the bad advice in the first place.

Graham's Rule #1 is: Don't seek legal advice from laypeople. </div></div>

So you suggest he talk to a lawyer on how to reinstate his license? Seems to me the people that license people might know a little about that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Creeter2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">License was suspended over a late payment on a game charge. And I got pulled over due to an "excessively loud exhaust" which is the stock system on my vehicle.

</div></div>

Brah, have you considered just buying used games instead of renting? You also get to play them longer that way too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 858</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Creeter2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">License was suspended over a late payment on a game charge. And I got pulled over due to an "excessively loud exhaust" which is the stock system on my vehicle.

</div></div>

Brah, have you considered just buying used games instead of renting? You also get to play them longer that way too.

</div></div>

LMAO!!! Well played:

Donkey_Kong_64_Box_Art.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Creeter2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, I had to go to the court house today to see about <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">my suspended license.</span></span>

here's the backstory- <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">I was pulled over about 6 months ago, and got a charge of driving on suspended.</span></span> When I was pulled over the officer told me (and i quote) "If you get your license re-instated before your court date, everything will be taken care of and there will be no need to be present"

Well, today, I found out that due to the fact that I didn't show up to my case, I was given a $200 fine and have to pay the DMV a re-instatement fee of another $100 (the same fee I had to pay to get my license re-instated so this would go away the first time.)

So, Im out another 300 bucks, while unemployed, with no license.

Officers, I'm sure this isn't the norm but I plea, MAKE SURE the information you're giving out is GOOD info. I went to file a complaint against the officer in question not long ago, and was only given the option to file as "malicious conduct unbecoming of an officer" . NOW, I dont want to be the one to cost this guy his job, but I do want to make sure he knows he fucked up, <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">anything I can do?</span></span>

(rant off) </div></div>

Here's a novel idea, how about NOT driving on a fucking suspended license?

Where can the officer go in order to make a complaint on your douchebaggery?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Creeter2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Fuckstick, didn't know it was suspended. </div></div>

Well who's fault is that?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Well who's fault is that? </div></div>

I never received a letter from the DMV/court saying anything was suspended/overdue.

Seems like you're intent on blaming everyone else for your fuck up.

You go around poaching, get caught then refuse to pay the fine. As a result your license is suspended and you attract attention onto yourself with your loud muffler/exhaust yet you want to blame the cops and DMV?! How old are you bro?

Man up and take responsibility.

You never received a letter telling you it was suspended? Did you think the fine fairy had paid it for you. I take people to jail and tow thir rides for DWLS. Fuck Stick comments usually get you the ride all the way to County to bond from there instead of the PD. I am guessing that you also didn't know that the burden of proof is alot easier to meet for Wardens. If spotlighting, let Warden know, if it's legal they will usually want to go with you. If the attitude that you have shown here with anyone who states that all of this might somehow be your fault is the one that you display when you encounter you local Law Enforcement Official, i can't wait to meet you. Grow up, driving is not a right. Show up for court, pay your fines, don't go into an area know to be frequented by poachers with a rifle and a spot light. Life ain't brain surgery.
And, to save you the effort, yes I am a fuckstick.
Patrick

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No loaded weapons on a motor vehicle.</div></div>

Virginia is an open-carry state which also has concealed carry. I think some qualification(s) must be missing from that statement.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No loaded weapons on a motor vehicle.</div></div>

Virginia is an open-carry state which also has concealed carry. I think some qualification(s) must be missing from that statement.
</div></div>

He's 15.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Creeter2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I couldn't believe this charge stuck, one because I wasn't doing anything wrong, and two, they had no proof... the law reads that the game warden has the burden of "evidence", but the judge apparently just listens to what the officers have to say. </div></div>

I can believe the charge stuck. You had a spotlight and a rifle that is the evidence and proof. Judges tend to believe the officers that file cases in their court a little more than the people they arrest. It called credibility. I can assure you had I found you out there burning a light and I hadn't gotten a courtesy call to let me know what you were doing I would have arrested you too. I do it all the time...

Link to original thread.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...1160#Post771160

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

You go around poaching,
<span style="color: #FF0000">As previously stated, I was Coyote Hunting</span>

get caught then refuse to pay the fine.
<span style="color: #FF0000">At the time I was unemployed, with no way to pay the fine. (did not refuse)</span>

As a result your license is suspended and you attract attention onto yourself with your loud muffler/exhaust yet you want to blame the cops and DMV?!
<span style="color: #FF0000">you dont read too well do you? The exhaust on my truck was, and still is, the stock system</span>

How old are you bro?
<span style="color: #FF0000">19, And Yes, I know I'm young, but more accomplished than many who I know will criticize me based solely on my age</span>

</div></div>

Regardless of everything else, how can a "stock" exhaust system be that loud? Something there also sounds fishy. I mean even if it is flowmaster or dynomax or what have you. No stock exhaust is loud enough to get cited for. With that being said, if you bought the vehicle used and someone had illegal exhaust on it, which in your eyes is "stock". It is your responsiblity to get that changed.

Oh by the way, your age and arrogance does show. Think about what you say before you spout off on a site that has a huge percentage of LEO's/ Militay visitors. You say you are "19, And young, but more accomplished than many who I know will criticize me based solely on my age" Just own up to it as a life lesson, and grow from it. THAT is a part of growing up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Creeter2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

You go around poaching,
<span style="color: #FF0000">As previously stated, I was Coyote Hunting</span>

get caught then refuse to pay the fine.
<span style="color: #FF0000">At the time I was unemployed, with no way to pay the fine. (did not refuse)</span>

As a result your license is suspended and you attract attention onto yourself with your loud muffler/exhaust yet you want to blame the cops and DMV?!
<span style="color: #FF0000">you dont read too well do you? The exhaust on my truck was, and still is, the stock system</span>

How old are you bro?
<span style="color: #FF0000">19, And Yes, I know I'm young, but more accomplished than many who I know will criticize me based solely on my age</span>

</div></div> </div></div>

Well instead of being out "coyote hunting" you should have been looking for a job. I still say you were poaching.

The fact that you were unemployed is no excuse not to pay the fine. Again, go out and get a fucking job. When I was younger than you I held 2 or 3 jobs at a time and by the time I reached your age I had already enlisted in the military.

Stock or not, you attracted attention onto yourself with your noisy exhaust system.

The only thing we can totally agree on is you being 19 and "accomplished". In your short time on this earth, you've managed to rack up quite the petty criminal record. That's quite the accomplishment.

Well instead of being out "coyote hunting" you should have been looking for a job.
<span style="color: #FF0000">Thats a good idea, in the middle of the night, job hunting. stupid me.</span>

I still say you were poaching.
<span style="color: #FF0000">And I still say you're a internet commando who doesn't have a clue what hes talking about</span>

The fact that you were unemployed is no excuse not to pay the fine. Again, go out and get a fucking job. When I was younger than you I held 2 or 3 jobs at a time and by the time I reached your age I had already enlisted in the military.

<span style="color: #FF0000">You're from the north so I'd be willing to bet we had different lifestyles completely. I grew up on a farm, having to work to help support my family, a "job" other than the farm work wasn't an option</span>

Stock or not, you attracted attention onto yourself with your noisy exhaust system.

The only thing we can totally agree on is you being 19 and "accomplished". In your short time on this earth, you've managed to rack up quite the petty criminal record. That's quite the accomplishment.

<span style="color: #FF0000">MY criminal record consists of this spotlighting charge, and a domestic assault charge(which was dropped) when I protected myself and my Mother from my Father. I don't know you, and you damn sure don't know me. Stop trying to act like you do.</span>

</div></div>