• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

PMG Tournament - feedback requested

taliv

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 21, 2010
TN
This is not an announcement yet.

We're thinking about hosting a tournament Saturday a week before Christmas. High level description of the event would be:

Team vs Team on dueling tree. 30 second time limit.
Double elimination blind draw brackets.
Winners would get a trophy and portion of the entry fees. Entry fees would be modest (not more than $50 per team)

Even with 32 teams (and we could support 16-64 teams easily), we expect this will take less than half a day to shoot. After the tournament, we would have some open range time.

Friday and/or Sunday, ssatt and knight would have optional classes. So for each person it could be a 1, 2 or 3 day event.

Details are up in the air, but some things being considered are:

<span style="text-decoration: underline">Increasing difficulty with each round in the bracket</span>
Plates are 6" circles (6 plates per tree). So round 1 might be 350 yrds, round 2 might be 400 yrds, round 3 might be 450, etc. OR round 1 might be prone, round 2 might be a low barricade, round 3 might be kneeling behind a barricade, etc.

<span style="text-decoration: underline">Limit round count</span>
Possible 10 rounds per team limit. Adds additional element of strategy

<span style="text-decoration: underline">Gas vs Bolt</span>
I'm personally leaning towards not restricting action type, but the issue was raised and many feel it's substantially unfair. If overwhelming majority want different classes or just a bolt-only match, we can do that.

<span style="text-decoration: underline">
winner determination</span>
two possible options:
>first team to knock all plates to the other side (and keep them there for 3 seconds)
>at end of time (30 sec) team with fewest plates
Should we do both? or just the latter?
Tie breaker is first to hit a plate? or reshoot match?

as always PMG wants to host the kind of matches YOU want to shoot, so please give us your honest feedback. If the interest is there for this event, we'll probably open registration in late October.

regards,

Re: PMG Tournament - feedback requested

sounds fun...

increasing difficulty, I say mix both of your ideas, positional at shorter ranges, then stretch it out.

limiting round count... ok.. especially if you mix bolts and gas guns, which I personally wouldn't mind, but a lot of people would hate it.

winners... whoever has the fewest plates after the 10rds

with only 10rd per team wouldn't it be a serious advantage to let the other team shoot first so they have less ammo available.

I think this event sounds awesome, i am in wa and can't come obviously but i would consider not limiting round count but do bolt only comp. there would be some serious bolt manipulation going on. It would make for some seriously good videos!

Great Idea taliv do it!!!

Make it a Team deal, mix in some Long range targets for one shooter. When they get a Hit, Shooter 2 gets to flip a plate on the tree. Slows it down, takes the gas Gun advantage away. Otherwise it's to much like a 3 Gun gimmick. Also keeps round count / bbl heat down. Either way I'll be there to donate my $
smile.gif