POF-308 and Noveske N6 Who shoots both?

okiehuntnfish

Private
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2009
Dallas, TX
I am going to. I just got a POF-308 and am getting a Noveske
N-6 as soon as they begin production again and an LWRC 308 repr soon after that.
If you shoot both POF and Noveske or even all three, I have one question. <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">In your experience</span></span> what shells shoot best from all these rifles? If there are any. They will be used for hunting deer and hogs up to 200 yrds.
I have hunted with Remington 150gr Core-Lokt shells for 30+ years with very acceptable results, in a 30.06. I would like to stick with what works for me aka Remington 150gr Core-Lokt, but I am new to this chambering and these three different rifles.
Thank you for sharing your experience.

I am asking this same question in the Range forum.

Re: POF-308 and Noveske N6 Who shoots both?

Funny- I am getting ready to sell my REPR and am buying a POF tomorrow- almost got the Noveseke. BTW- there are a few for sale on gunbroker.

How do you like the POF? I was underwhelmed by the accuracy of the REPR and am hoping that the POF is way better.

Remember that the Noveseke uses different mags than the POF and the REPR.

a few other ar-10ish rifles to keep in mind-

http://www.extremefirepower.com/rs.html

http://www.ironridgeguns.com/ira-10-complete-rifles/

Gap

JP

Get all of em and I'm coming to Dallas for a shootout!!

JP--Thanks for the info. Hopefully the POF gets to FFL today and I can pick it up tomorrow and shoot.

We can meet halfway in Palistine and go have a shootout on some hogs.

Thank you all for your feedback.
I shot a few hundred soft nose federal .308 rounds through the POF over the past couple weeks. It was all I could get my hands on in the short term. The gun shoots great but the clip/mag SUCKS. The shells overlap eachother and cause jamming. It's almost like the clip was made for several different rounds and they put a .308 on the end to sell it. I don't remember the name and I don't have the clip with me right now. Any suggestions on a good clip for a POF-308?

I had the same problem with my POF. The only mags I have tried are the c-products. They do suck. I have heard good things about the new magpul 308 p-mag, I just haven't laid my hands on one yet.

Mine sure seems to like the HSM ammo and the FGMM. It seems like maybe this is a 1/2 moa gun. When are you getting the Noveske?

@dtac, Do you have a problem with your rifle after loading the mag with more than three or four rounds, having the bolt not close all of the way? Also, opening the bolt is very difficult after? My bolt closes every time with two or three rounds in the mag, or with no mag present. It is a DPMS that came with my POF-.308
Tomorrow I am going to call POF and see what they think is going on.
Thanks,
Case

I had a VERY nice DPMS upgraded to a Mk11Mod) clone that would not feed from DPMS mags well. I switched to KAC SR-25 mags and voila it fed every time. I exchanged e-mails with several that had similar issues.

Pat

At the SHOT show, Remington had a JP 308 AR in their booth stencilled "Remington." I told the JP guys I thought that was funny, but they said they worked with Remington on it. My 5.56mm CTR-02s shoot very well, so maybe the JP 308 rifle is GTG also.