• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Possible active shooter in Kentucky

so crazy. that's literally an hour away from me. me and the wife were just talking last week about how our local area seems to be safer regarding terrorism. Shouldn't have said that I guess.

he was on their books already.

k1GyeQfYsvL3.jpeg

IMG_3575.jpeg

1725838935366.jpeg

Higher - quality photograph of person in question.

Mugshot from earlier this year.
Radar must have been broken.
ID from car registration.
Found AR, fed data base, gun store sale of AR and ammo.
Well we know what is next... common sense gun laws. I say we need to ban cars because of all the drunk drivers. If we could only save one life. It's for the kids you know.

Reactions: mosin46 and Cody S
Looks like he was spotted, abandoned gun and car.
Into the woods, 300 yds to a hiking trail to the highway, then hitchhiked or commandeered another vehicle.
I still say delay starting search, road blocks, gave him 20 to 30 minutes head start.
Left vehicle with GPS tracking, took battery out of phone, and took a leisurely stroll on the hiking path and made it to the highway before the roadblocks were set up.
PoPo searching woods with drones during daylight, helicopters and Flir at night.

He be gone.

2000? With your new AR? Doesn't sound like a lot to me in these days.

Ammo sale? What's a case of WOLF or similar cost now? Gun Shop Salesman: "Ammo's getting hard to come by you know, good thing we have these cases on sale and we'll give you a discount on two when you buy a new gun!"

Not seeing a red flag at the gun store. But a good way for the media to whip up frenzy.

2000 rounds... those are rookie numbers!!! That's what Army Jerry had on his breakfast cereal!

Sirhr
Oh that 2000 rounds is very important to Pocahontas.

Looks like the bill restricts 1000 rounds per 5 day period.
Not enough to go cause trouble.
Or, half as much as 2000 rounds.

Sounds like the AR and AMMO was purchased the morning of.
Not much planning?

Maybe a gun shop employee heard about the shooting and ratted out the guy.
Maybe family ratted him out.
Can't trust nobody these days.
His record probably didn't show when he bought it, misdemeanor/charges dropped.
He was probably on a low power radar.

Was the vehicle found at the trail head?
Later that night? By a FLIR equipped chopper?
Guess he didn't disable GPS tracking ahead of time and had to abandon it to keep from being tracked.
Did he receive a cell phone alert of active shooter in the area?

Searching woods could be a decoy operation, when they KNOW
He be Gone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Im2bent
Looks like the bill restricts 1000 rounds per 5 day period.
Not enough to go cause trouble.
Or, half as much as 2000 rounds.

Sounds like the AR and AMMO was purchased the morning of.
Not much planning?

Maybe a gun shop employee heard about the shooting and ratted out the guy.
Maybe family ratted him out.
Can't trust nobody these days.
His record probably didn't show when he bought it, misdemeanor/charges dropped.
He was probably on a low power radar.

Was the vehicle found at the trail head?
Later that night?
Guess he didn't disable GPS tracking ahead of time and had to abandon it.

Searching woods could be a decoy operation, when they KNOW
He be Gone.
It's not just a round limit. There's a background check requirement for ammo .

Take a couple weeks off during the year. Watch out for Ammo Straw Purchases, group buys :)
Ban cars and SUVs, Interstates, Overpasses, Underpasses (all great ideas), 1000 round ammo limit, with a background check, probably wouldn't have stopped this guy.

There will always be really crazy, sort of crazy, almost pregnant crazy, split personalities with only one being crazy.
Some things just don't show on RADAR.

Would a true split personality be guilty of a straw purchase?

Last edited:
Shirtless. I always tell my kid that shirtless means you’re going to jail. I only have to watch the first few moments of any encounter on “COPS” to tell you exactly who is getting arrested. It’s ALWAYS the guy with no shirt, ALWAYS.
I could always tell by the guy getting his as beat, and the cops yelling "quit resisting"....that was usually the GUY going to jail! Most of the time he was shirtless, toothless, cigarette in his mouth, or beer in his hand.

There's a good Mexican restaurant in London. My waiter didn't really understand English and when I ordered a michelada he asked something in Spanish and I just said yes. The thing he brought had all sorts of fruit on sticks and a big sparkler.
He said "let me get you something that isn't a disgusting mix of clam juice,tomato juice, and beer".

• Haha
Reactions: SWgeezer and Fig
Several years ago we made a trip from Louisiana to D.C. and took many detours to see waterfalls.
One located way back in the D.B. Forrest, back a dirt road, then off the road up a deer trail.
I swear we heard Banjos- turned around and left :)

Big time mass shootings (10 plus dead) are WAY down in the United States.

That's good.

Less kids getting influenced online via disinformation, misinformation, and influence ops.

Reactions: Cody S
Bills are created daily. This one has been in committee for over 10 months with no actions. It is going nowhere.

Bills are created daily. This one has been in committee for over 10 months with no actions. It is going nowhere.
Another stupid knee jerk political bs stunt. So, the guy bought 2000 rounds (supposedly) he didn't fire but a small amount before fleeing.

Reactions: Cody S and Darryle
Another stupid knee jerk political bs stunt. So, the guy bought 2000 rounds (supposedly) he didn't fire but a small amount before fleeing.

The plan is to ban all civilian firearms ownership by 2030.

Probably later for the U.S. so that they don't Timothy McVeigh themselves.

Shotguns and Handguns and ARs and Safari Bolt Actions have been banned in Canada...
The 6th most armed populace on earth per capita.