• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Post PICS of your FN SPR A1a, A1, A3G or A5 Rifle.

Re: Post PICS of your FN SPR A1a, A1, A3G or A5 Rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longrange30</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im thinking of purchasing the A3G and would love to see any of your guys FN SPR's.

Lets see some pics! </div></div>
I used to have an A3 G - it was very smooth and well-finished, and was a solid 1/2 MOA rifle with BHs' 175s'. I prefer the Model 70 CRF action over the Remington and I really liked it, but once I got my Tac Ops X-Ray 51 there was no point in keeping it the A3 G. Maybe someday I'll buy a bare FN SPR action and have Tac Ops build on it.

Below are some photos of my former A3 G and the USO SN-3 3.2-17X 44mm Lo Pro ERGO it wore. The SN-3 has a 35mm tube, 0.1 MIL EREK Knob, 0.1 MIL LH U.S. #3 Windage Knob, Green Illuminated GAP reticle, and 4" ARD. You can see the A3 G's skeletonized OPS2 Ti Rail in the last photo.

I also installed a Jewell Trigger and a Tubb's SpeedLock (hybrid aluminum/steel Firing Pin & Cocking Piece) Assembly. Check-out photos #7, #8, and #9 for SpeedLock close-ups.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">A3 G with SN-3 3.2-17X 44mm Lo Pro with 35mm tube, 0.1 MIL EREK Knob, 0.1 MIL LH U.S. #3 Windage Knob, and 4" ARD:</span></span>
A3G8x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Lets' take a closer look:</span></span>
A3G8x62.jpg

A3G8x63.jpg

CopyofP8074523.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Detail shots of LH U.S.#3 M40 0.1 MIL Windage Knob:</span></span>
SN-33.217XLHWindage2.jpg

SN-33.217XLHWindage1.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Detail shots of Tubb's SpeedLock Firing Pin & Cocking Piece:</span></span>
M70SASpeedLock.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Assembled Tubb's SpeedLock Firing Pin & Cocking Piece ready to be spun into the A3 G's bolt:</span></span>
M70SASpeedLockInstalled28x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Tubb's SpeedLock Firing Pin & Cocking Piece in bolt installed in A3 G:</span></span>
M70SASpeedLockUncocked.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Overhead view of the A3 G's skeletonized OPS2 titanium rail:</span></span>
OPS220MOABaseCloseupnoSN.jpg

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B VEAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been happy with mine...
UNI_0268.jpg
</div></div>
No photos of the shooter or rifle that shot and won all those ribbons and trophies, but <span style="font-style: italic">"Nuff' said"!</span>

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Will Fennell</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ds03cobra,

PM sent regarding your stock ......

</div></div>thanks for your intrest replied

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aries64</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B VEAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been happy with mine...
UNI_0268.jpg
</div></div>
No photos of the shooter or rifle that shot and won all those ribbons and trophies, but <span style="font-style: italic">"Nuff' said"!</span>

Keith </div></div>

Didn't want to ruin a perfectly good photo, but if you just gotta know, rifle and shooter is on the far right in this photo.
Camera guy caught me breaking the seal on a fresh can of snuff.
grin.gif

FallASC2006063.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: el gordo2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My FN A1
FNUSO.jpg
</div></div>

Im using my phone, but is that mag loaded backwards?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B VEAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Didn't want to ruin a perfectly good photo, but if you just gotta know, rifle and shooter is on the far right in this photo.
grin.gif

</div></div>
Is that pre-paint job?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TerrorInTheShadows</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B VEAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Didn't want to ruin a perfectly good photo, but if you just gotta know, rifle and shooter is on the far right in this photo.
grin.gif

</div></div>
Is that pre-paint job? </div></div>

Rifle has green Polane on it in that pic. The Polane is still on it, but it's seen a few coats of Krylon since then.

Aries64 Like the pics. What did you have to do to add the Jewell trigger ? I was told it would not work in the FN SPR and wanted to add it to my FN SPR.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JustShoot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Aries64 Like the pics. What did you have to do to add the Jewell trigger ? I was told it would not work in the FN SPR and wanted to add it to my FN SPR. </div></div>
Because the factory Model 70 trigger has always lacked a housing, the addition of the Jewell (which is a sealed housing type) requires additional clearancing of the trigger area in the stock. Without this additional clearance the Jewell won't fit.

The "trigger slot" in the bottom metal (which is made by Williams) will also need to be lengthened and widened to accept the Jewell to allow the Jewell to fit without rubbing.

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JustShoot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Aries64 - So it's a snap to add to the action ? You just need to inlet the stock and bottom metal ? </div></div>
Thats' it. Although, not knowing exactly how much material would be required to get a perfect fit in the stock and within the "trigger slot" in the bottom metal I took it <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">very slow</span></span> with fine files - especially the bottom metal.

Not milling it out and wanting nice, smooth radiused corners so it would look "factory-installed" meant slow-going. Remember that it is easier to remove material than it is to put it back...

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lafayette</div><div class="ubbcode-body">These photos have got me Jones'n bad for an FN! </div></div>

Go for it, you won't regret it!

SPRA1 after.jpg
SPR-A1 .308 24" barrel, stock action
Leupold Mark4 6.5x20x50mm ER/T
MilDot reticle

She may not look like much but she shoots true. Thanks to the guys here on "The Hide" I was able to add the Kydex cheek piece.

Attachments

• Betty Lou After.jpg
    Betty Lou After.jpg
    895.3 KB · Views: 29
Started its life as a 308 but is now a 6.5CR, 26" medium Palma Bartlein barrel. Work done by Mark Gordan at Short Action Customs. It now wears a Hensoldt 4-16x56 with NH1 reticle, and I took off the adjustable cheek rest and replaced it with a Triad pad.

FN%20SPR%2065CR-1.JPG

FN%20SPR%2065CR-2.JPG

FN%20SPR%2065CR%20act-1.JPG

FN%20SPR%2065CR%20act-2.JPG

FN%20SPR%2065CR%20logo.JPG