Post up some pics of your painted bravo!

smokinbobf4

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Supporter
Dec 26, 2018
Looking to have a face lift for my bravo/ctr. Looking to see what others have done that turned out good. Thinking of having a gap Camo or something similar done! Show them off

5CFCB42E-FEA1-4772-85A4-A0CCF4AE2830.jpeg

Haha! They all look great guys! I didn’t know if I should but they are making me want to do it. Keep them coming even if it is some other pattern, let’s see them!

If you haven’t already Check out the custom camouflage KRG bravos on Altus Shooting website. None in stock, but several pics to give you ideas. Also look at Custom Gun Coatings on social media. I think they are the ones that do the Bravos for Altus possibly.

Gottcha, you use a gloss clear coat? My sponge jobs are usually much duller, I use a satin clear coat.
It's satin. It does get a little flash to it after a few coats though. That picture is from IG so it looks a little blurry on desktop.

THIS!!! I have been through a couple custom rifles and have moved on from them because they did not shoot or function as good as my Tikka CTR in KRG Bravo.

Yeah I WANT a Mausingfield/TL3/M2013, but I am not sure if a T3 won’t give me 90% of what I am looking for. The other 10% being absolute bombproof(ness).

THIS!!! I have been through a couple custom rifles and have moved on from them because they did not shoot or function as good as my Tikka CTR in KRG Bravo.

The Tikka CTR / KRG Bravo combination is certainly greater than the sum of the parts.
It is the quintessential "Default Combination" to get started in PR / LR shooting at a reasonable cost.
The rifle is adjustable enough to become a good baseline competition rifle or a fantastic hunting rifle.
The chassis has enough modularity with M-Loc slots and availability of accessories to add pic and / or ARCA rails, spigots, keep it light to carry while hunting or add weight for competition, etc.
The only things that I have very minor issues with are:
A ) Location of the rear Sling Mount Flush Cup - Move it down near the centerline of the butt bad so that a connected sling isn't in your face. For me, a $ 20.00 Noveske Flush Cup Mount should solve the problem.
B) The grip isn't "Just Right". There's no easy way to change it. No easily replaceable grip panels, no changeable AR15 Type grip, etc.
I'm trying to get used to shooting with my thumb on the same side as my trigger finger and there isn't a good repeatable thumb rest. If I'm shooting with my thumb wrapped around the grip, it's OK.
Like I said, very minor.

@CaptNemo

Can you expound on point B further? I am looking at this compared to an Xray and don’t see too much difference in the grip profile. The Bravo to my unfelt hands, appears to have a shelf like you’d find on an A-series stock.

Craft foam and rubber cement
I like the simplicity of that, but knowing what I do about this forum, didn't dare assume that it was simply craft foam and rubber cement. With my luck it would have an artisanally harvested cork product using lava sand as a pigment, use code "snipershide" for a 20% discount, normally retails for $120...and then someone would get offended that I had assumed it was craft foam.

I like the simplicity of that, but knowing what I do about this forum, didn't dare assume that it was simply craft foam and rubber cement. With my luck it would have an artisanally harvested cork product using lava sand as a pigment, use code "snipershide" for a 20% discount, normally retails for $120...and then someone would get offended that I had assumed it was craft foam.

If it's me, it's safe to assume I went the cheap route. Although, I have seen some butt hurt go around from folks who spend too much money on simple shit.

1582218786002.png

Does the fit alignment of the forend to rear bother anyone on the bravos? Haven't played with one in person (yet) but on some pictures it it seems like it'd bother me and others it look like the lines match up. Dependent on install? Love this camo pattern btw, kthomas.

View attachment 7254625

Does the fit alignment of the forend to rear bother anyone on the bravos? Haven't played with one in person (yet) but on some pictures it it seems like it'd bother me and others it look like the lines match up. Dependent on install? Love this camo pattern btw, kthomas.

On the first day of ownership of my first KRG Bravo stock, yeah, it bugged me a little bit. The front and rear pieces of plastic that come together are, in fact, separate pieces that bolt to the aluminum backbone of the chassis. The fore end is actually moved for and aft to adjust the mag seating tension. Anyway, back to that first day of ownership - I took it shooting the next day, admired my efforts, admired the stock, thought about the price point, and it never bothered me again. I now own 4 KRG Bravo stocks.

View attachment 7254625

I thought it would bother me, but after shooting it, I completely forgot about it. Like mentioned earlier, the fore end has about 1/8 inch of forward and back adjustment to adjust mag tension. Pushing it all the way forward, ARC mags seat easily and drop free.