Post up some pics of your painted bravo!

Question for those that have tried to remove/repaint - Have any of you used Citristrip? I've had great luck in the past using it to remove spraypaint on ARs (seriously, bubbles up and wipes away) but am worried about it hurting the KRG polymer. I might dig around and see if I can find my hook insert piece to test it out on.

Went ahead and tried Citristrip to remove a paint job I wasn't crazy about. Worked pretty well, but took a couple of cycles to remove. Just strip the Bravo down into individual parts, apply with a paintbrush, let sit for a few hours, and then scrape off (I used a old credit card). This will get most of the thick stuff gone. Next, reapply the Citristrip and let sit for another couple of hours, and hit it with a brass brush. Should have all the paint removed by this step, you'll just want to wash off and let dry. The polymer gets a little dried out, so you'll want to hit it with an oil to refinish; I used CLP.

Pic below has the original paint job (stock), the dried out polyermer after stripping (around tang and grip), and what I refinished with CLP (forend). Takes some time, but worked great. Hope this might help someone that decides to go another route on their Bravo. I'm sure other things like brake cleaner/paint thinner might work, but was pretty nice not worrying about wearing gloves/vapors/etc.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    667.7 KB · Views: 163
Reactions: Dr. Davy Jones
I love Olive Drab. Just something about that color that really calls to me.
So naturally I ordered my Bravo in Olive Drab for my 6.5 PRC build.
So imagine my disappointment when it arrived and it’s more like a dirty Kermit the Frog green lol.

So I started the process of undercoating the entire stock in black for some texture.
Then I got the idea to do a paint scheme ala Manners instead of a solid color.
Took me a few times to get the technique and color combo I liked, but I’m pretty happy with my first attempt.
9C4FBBB9-82E0-4191-97B4-512512FE2E09.jpeg

View attachment 7254625

Does the fit alignment of the forend to rear bother anyone on the bravos? Haven't played with one in person (yet) but on some pictures it it seems like it'd bother me and others it look like the lines match up. Dependent on install? Love this camo pattern btw, kthomas.
I stuck a washer between the rear chassis screw and the stock. Helped a lot with alignment.

Attachments

• F8D1A43F-ECC7-468F-9848-698258F1FF6A.jpeg
    F8D1A43F-ECC7-468F-9848-698258F1FF6A.jpeg
    562.9 KB · Views: 68
  • D878FBAB-CD3B-44F1-B883-8C6DF35A4B17.jpeg
    D878FBAB-CD3B-44F1-B883-8C6DF35A4B17.jpeg
    428.2 KB · Views: 67
Reactions: pilotjoe