• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

powder funnel, anyone ever used this one??

Re: powder funnel, anyone ever used this one??

I have an old MTM funnel with three drop tubes, works well enough for me and was MUCH less costly than that.

I use and like the Satern funnels. They are heavy enough and machined so they will sit right on top of the case.

My only complaint is midway doesn't carry them in 338.

I've owned Satern's, the crappy RCBS universal one, a couple of RCBS ones with adapter tips, etc.

The best one of them all is right here. I kid you not, it works great. The 16 nozzles always make sure that you are dropping powder as fast as possible, no waiting for a 243 load of powder to fit through a 223 hole, etc.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/default.aspx?productNumber=554122

PS....I would not buy the one in the OP, only 2 adapters = slow dispensing.

I have been trying to remember to look for a better funnel for a while now. This is just the info I needed. I've been using a Lee universal for years and while it was fine for the 308, its a PITA to use on 223, 9mm, 204, etc.

Just ordered the one Jason recommended.

Thanks guys!

mike

I started out with the Lee 'one size fits all' funnel, which works well enough to start with. I then got the Frankford Arsenal funnel kit listed above. It is very nice to have a perfect fit for each caliber and I have had no problems with mine.

I started out w/ a green RCBS funnel. Later drank the Koolaid and got a set of Satern funnels. Got tired of the dang things catching the necks on my cases - when I'd lift the funnel up, it'd grab the neck, lift the whole case about 1/4" - and then drop it, spilling my tediously (at the time) weighed charges. Not cool. Went back to the green RCBS funnel.

Lately, I've been using the Forster Blue Ribbon funnel w/ the flared mouth. Yes, I have to hold it on the case mouth as it won't just 'sit' over the case neck/shoulder. But it works flawlessly every time, and I get to pack that charge in there a little more...
wink.gif

I might be tempted by that 10" drop tube model, though...
laugh.gif

thanks for all the input. I went ahead and purchased a satern universal .30-50cal.

one more thing to add to tool kit
smile.gif