• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site Updates Coming Soon - We're Updating The Homepage!

We've got some exciting changes coming, check the thread below for more info!

VIEW THREAD

Precision Rifle Zero Targets - Revised Set Added Post #8

Trigger Monkey

Ronin
Minuteman
  • Apr 29, 2005
    Winchester Virginia
    I made a batch of zero targets geared more towards my SPR and Recce so that I wasn't simply making due with some other target. This was born more or less out of a struggle I had several weeks ago testing a few different kinds of ammunition and zeroing a set of offset irons at 50 yards. The long and short of it is I could've used some more aiming points for my optic and I could barely make out my POA at 50 through the irons, no bueno.

I thought about what I wanted in a zero target that I would use with my semi-auto precision rifles (SAPR..haha) and this is what I came up with. Two targets are for zeroing optics, whether it be my NF or Vortex 1-6 and one to zero an offset iron sight or RDS.

I'm going to try them out this weekend when I head back out to the range to zero my SPR with BH OTM. I wanted to share them here for anyone that might be interested. Cheers.

Good deal. Nicely done with very clear aiming points. Thank you for the share, I will try them out this weekend ??

Print them in something other than black so that you can see the bullet holes...

Reactions: Howland
    Print them in something other than black so that you can see the bullet holes...

You mean my iron sight/ rds target?
    My goal there was to have something that will contrast if I'm using irons or a non-magnified optic. If i make it too light in color I lose some of the contrast I was wanting. The intended zero distance for my irons is 50 yards and my off set irons are on rifles with either a 6X, 10X, or 16X optic so seeing impacts at 50 usually isnt an issue using the organic optic.

After this weekend I may make revisions but I'll see how it goes.

I did some playing around with a set of irons and a RDS at 50 yards with a few different designs that had light colored inner circles, dark outer circles, and I settled on this one.

It's going to get refined a little but for me this design provided a good, defined aiming point for both types of sights.

Per my above post I went out this weekend with my SPR to tweek some things here and there as I got zeroed up. Overall, the range trips went great but I did make a few subtle changes regarding line thickness and color shading. I've attached my final target designs geared towards the SPR or Recce so that optics, irons, or red dots can be zeroed at 50-100 yards.

I also added a confirmation target so that in one target I can pretty quickly assess if my SPR or Recce is zeroed and make minor adjustments as necessary all on one target. The 1.5" square has a segmented inside square 1" in diameter and a 1" circle to represent the relative point of impact for 55 gr, 69 gr, or 77 gr ammo at 50 yards if the optic has been zeroed at 100 yards. The iron/rds zero target is carried over from the other version but without the 6" outer circle.

Primarily, I designed these targets for my personal use based on what I was looking for in a target but I hope some of you guys with SPR's, Recce's, and precision AR's in general will find them useful too.

Attachments

• SAPR RANGE TARGETS.pdf
      142.7 KB · Views: 102