• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

precision rifles... show em

Re: precision rifles... show em

Couple of mine, nothing special.

.223AI
.308 on a USMC return stock.

DSCI0421-1.jpg

Mike, the 308 on the return stock look's kick ass!!! Let me know when you want to rid yourself of the return stock for a Schmidt and Bender...since that is what it is worth....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: s.i.t.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hey spanners, everyone is curious about how well that thing shoots. i say to all of the," beware of the foot of death" lol, that thing can be deadly </div></div>

I've already stated it shoots 0.240" @ 100... thats with FACTORY ammo also. my loads are very close.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rcnpthfndr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My new 300wm from Karl at Kampfeld Custom

IMG_4911bsll.jpg

IMG_4925bsll.jpg

IMG_4914bsll.jpg

IMG_4931bsll.jpg

[url="http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/rcnpthfndr/IMG_4918bsll.jpg"]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/rcnpthfndr/IMG_4918bsll.jpg[/url][/IMG
</div></div>

Karl builds one hell of a rifle.......He has built several for me and all have been superb.......Blake

as of right now that is about all you can send him, I was on the phone with him yesterday and he said he is as busy as a one legged man in an ass kicking contest. He truly is one of the better rifle smiths in the business........Blake

On the 300 Whinny above, he knocked that one out of the park........

Did you see the High Plains Drifter he built as well? The widow maker is one of my all time favorite rifles with the HPD being a close second. You are correct he does know what he is doing.....Blake

Yeah, the "HPD" was another good one. I wish he was still taking orders, he's just within driving distance for me. I need to give him a call and just stop over and visit with the guy one of these days.

Here's mine, still working on it, first tactical type rifle for me.
Rem 700 SPS .308 Varmint, factory barrel, B&C Medalist stock, Harris bipod, Millet TRS-1 4-16X50 Scope, EGW Picatiny rail, Weaver Tactical rings

GEDC0247-2-1.jpg

GEDC0251-1.jpg

Here she is,

Savage 12 FV .308win
Rock Creek 5R barrel M24 contour 1-11.27 twist, 26" long
Over sized recoil lug
Bell and Carlson Tactical stock
Leupold Mark 4 6.6-20x50 LR/T M1 Mil-dot
Warne Maxima base 20 MOA
Burris XTR low rings
Action is blueprinted, trued and bedded
Harris S-series bipod
Eagle stock pack

DSCF0180_edited.jpg

DSCF0177_edited.jpg

DSCF0176_edited.jpg

DSCF0175_edited.jpg

Eric at GAP built this spec build M40A3.

I have had it for a few months now and seem to like it more every time I shoot it.

A quality product always performs consistently.. I do not, so I learn every time I use it.. GREAT gun..

e12q1v.jpg

65wuww.jpg

2lj0sxt.jpg

1zh16iu.jpg

66xnae.jpg

20h4nid.jpg

x3ydq9.jpg

Merlinn

Well, since I sold off my 700P almost 2 years ago, this is the only rifle in my gun cabinet wich is capable of holding groups, although I havent shot my newly freefloated AR to see what it can do. Not to worry though, I have something in mind for a bolt gun.

armes008cj3.jpg

Here it is...

First, thanks to all who helped, contributed and otherwise smacked me up side the head to get this done. Not necessarily in order they were:
Red River Shooter, VSP968, Wild Bill C, Jeff VN, Swamper, Gary Schneider (Schneider Barrels), Jeff and John W (USO), George and Eric (GAP).

The first rounds were put down range by a Former Marine and Sniper. Thanks to Robert, Bill and Jimmy for the onsite help getting the rifle sighted to my crooked eyes... You don't have to hit me with the 2X4 anymore...

40A1rear.jpg

40A1leftphotobucket.jpg

40A1leftScopephotobucket.jpg

40A1barrel.jpg

40A1front.jpg

40A1Right.jpg

40A1boltphotobucket.jpg

P7190008.jpg

40A1target.jpg

That is five shots in just a little over 1.2 inches at 100 yards, rifle not broken in; not bad for 56 year old eyes and way too much coffee.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: merlinn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Eric at GAP built this spec build M40A3.

I have had it for a few months now and seem to like it more every time I shoot it.

A quality product always performs consistently.. I do not, so I learn every time I use it.. GREAT gun..

e12q1v.jpg

65wuww.jpg

2lj0sxt.jpg

1zh16iu.jpg

66xnae.jpg

20h4nid.jpg

x3ydq9.jpg

Merlinn </div></div>

Impressive built. The right scope for the right built. What barrel was used?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rambosky.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My present armoury.

MyArmory.jpg

</div></div>

I need a display rifle rack like yours. Did you built yourself or you bought it? Nice samurai sword.

118148a74c0bd8e9f.jpg

After waiting since January, i got my JAE stock this month. I had the barrel work done in May by Fulton Armory and i cant say enough about the quality of the work Clint McKee did
smile.gif

I have not had the time yet to take it out to the range properly so I cant wait to see how she shoots.

Specs:
Krieger USMC DMR Barrel, 1-12 twist, Stainless
Fulton Armory Forged Op-Rod
"NM" Gas Cylinder / Piston
Smith Enterprises Tactical Scope Mount, Vortex Flash Hider, Extended Bolt Release
Tactical Innovations Cuff Sling
Leupold Mark.IV 3.5-10x40mm LR/T

Remington 700 Sendero 300wm Mcmillan a5, mk4 base,rings,scope 3.5-10x40 m3 bdc
PICT0016-2.jpg

Remington 700 Ltr A2 308 Mcmillian a5,mk4 ,rings,base, scope 4.5-14x40 pr
PICT0013-1.jpg

Remington 700 5r milspec 308 Mcmillian a4, mk4 base, rings, scope 3.5-10x40 m1
PICT0019-1.jpg

Fn spr a2 308 Mcmillian a4 , near base,mk4 rings ,scope 3.5-10x40 m1 illum
PICT0012.jpg

WELL WELL,

I ordered my first 1000 yard BR rifle and take a look at what paint scheme a crazed South African put on my 300WM..what she dont know is that know I will just think of more projects that will require her to really acquire Dafar hands now.

Later20331.jpg

Thanks

Is it just me, or is there a common type of rifle being used here? There was only one rifle that looked significantly different (not referring to the external paint scheme), and that was a rifle built up in .408CT. Aren't people shooting the .50 Cal rifles here? Is there a single AR-50 or AR-30 in the forum? Other than mine, is there another Barrett rifle in the group?

Having a .416 Barrett feels like being the only kid in the school with red hair.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Whaledriver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is it just me, or is there a common type of rifle being used here? There was only one rifle that looked significantly different (not referring to the external paint scheme), and that was a rifle built up in .408CT. Aren't people shooting the .50 Cal rifles here? Is there a single AR-50 or AR-30 in the forum? Other than mine, is there another Barrett rifle in the group?

Having a .416 Barrett feels like being the only kid in the school with red hair.</div></div>

You think that maybe we might be implying that AR-50's and Barretts don't really fall into the "precision" rifle category?

Also, if you think all those rifles look the same then you don't know what you're looking at. I saw plenty of differences in every single one of them.