• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

precision rifles... show em

Re: precision rifles... show em

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JFComfort</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tac-30 Action
24" 1-8" twist barrel chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor
JP/Cooley muzzle brake
HS Precision stock
Badger Ordnance bottom metal
Nightforce 3.5x15x50mm NP-R2
</div></div>

Sweet rig. How does she shoot?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HuntinAZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JFComfort</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tac-30 Action
24" 1-8" twist barrel chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor
JP/Cooley muzzle brake
HS Precision stock
Badger Ordnance bottom metal
Nightforce 3.5x15x50mm NP-R2
</div></div>

Sweet rig. How does she shoot? </div></div>

It shoots really well! Its a 0.5 MOA all day long rifle and when I'm really doing my part I can throw down 0.25 MOA 5 round groups (C.T.C.).

I've been very happy with it and the preformance gain for the 6.5mm pill

My long range hunting rig....7 WSM
IMG_0064-1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NorwichGrad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
420bf2e9.jpg

mcm1.jpg

AICS.jpg

300WM.jpg

m24.jpg

223m24.jpg

PSS.jpg

Watch out for these homos. They will take your guns away:)
bakling.jpg
</div></div>

u have some good looking guns espcially the M14!! I have a 1903 and a M1 garand I want a M14 and a preban full size M16 to add to my collection of weapons the usa have used since WW1

not much but its the best I have besides some stock R7oo stuff
FN police patrol 308 forgot what bipod i have, luppy vx III 4.5-14/40 luppying rings

need to take some better pics with a real camera and not my cell
IMG00142-20100719-1717.jpg

IMG00144-20100719-1801.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bullseyelr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> mine
DSC03065.jpg
</div></div>

Who did the Multi-cam paint job and what is their contact info?
</div></div>
Yes, that painter has a great sense of aesthetics. Who did it?

Heres mine. Nothing too special and still gonna have some things changed when the funds come in..

Rem 700 VTR .308
22" barrel
Badger M5 bottom metal
SS 10x42 scope
Burris rings and base
B&C stock
Harris bipod
Paint done by 30calsniper

IMG_2398.jpg

IMG_2402.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: McLarenRoss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Remington 700 VLS, 308, XLR Evolution Chassis System, 20" barrel, Dark Ops muzzle brake, Jard trigger, EGW scope rail, WOTAC 12x44 scope.

0705001835.jpg

0705001834b.jpg

0705001833.jpg

0705001832b.jpg

0705001832b.jpg

0705001834b.jpg
</div></div>

DAMNATION that is a thing of beauty right there!!

I just checked XLR's website , and that's an impressive piece they make , at a fair price too.

XLR's HD stock for custom / large bodied actions

I've been wanting to machine the same thing myself , but in a barrel-block set-up instead of the conventional receiver mount.

Again......a very pretty piece of work . Gorgeous stick!

A friends Desert Tactical Arms SRS with the .338 Lapua barrel installed (with brake) and the .510 whisper barrel along side.

DavesDTwith338bblinand510bblout-1.jpg

Sorry,
I didn't have any shots of my rifle with the brake on it. I've been shooting it almost exclusively with the suppressor in .338 and always with the suppressor in 510W.

My Desert Tactical Arms SRS with the .338 Lapua barrel and the suppressor installed.

DTwithcaninwyomingLF.jpg

DTwithcaninwyomingRH.jpg

Frank

My Remington 700P LTR
Leupold MK4 4.5-14x50 LR/T M1 TMR from SWFA
Burris XTR rings from Predator Custom Shop
EGW 15 MOA base from SWFA
Factory barreled action
Eagle stock pack from Triad Tactical
IMG_2865.jpg

I will install a Badger Ordnance bolt knob next week. The factory barreled action shoots pretty good so Im going to hold off on putting a barrel & recoil lug on it and blueprint & true the action till I have wore this one out a little. Hornady 168gr. Amax does quite well from it. I would like to put an AICS on it about the same time as the rebarrel and other work.

Got my knob installed. Did it myself without a lathe. It turned out perfect.
IMG_2798.jpg

IMG_2448.jpg

Remington 700 5R .300 Win Mag
Timney 510 Trigger
Bell & Carlson Medalist A-5 Stock (Glass bedded)
Wyatt's detachable Magazine
JP Howitzer Muzzle Brake
Harris Bi-Pod 6-9 BR
Badger Ord. oversized Bolt knob
Leupold 8.5-25x50 Mark 4 LR/T M1 Mil-dot
Leupold Mark 4 rings and base

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Santee116</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's my hunting rig. Factory Rem 700 XCR in .300 win. Only thing I have done to it is dip the stock.

Rifle4.jpg

Rifle1.jpg

Rifle5.jpg
</div></div>

call me silly....your bipod is on backwards......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bob10475</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/ad282/bob10475/IMG_2448.jpg

Timney 510 Trigger
JP Howitzer Muzzle Brake
Harris Bi-Pod 6-9 BR
Leupold Mark 4 rings and base </div></div>

This is a nice looking build, how much would something like this cost retail? Do you have larger pics?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SFTexan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[]http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz116...6976543_n-1.jpg[/]
[]http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz116/sftexan/IMG_0605Large.jpg[/] </div></div>

This is breathtaking, I've got a CDI prec customized FN Spr w/A5 stock. I was thinking about putting a SF brake on it and painting it... this gives me an idea of exactly what it would look like. Thank you!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bob10475</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
IMG_2448.jpg

Timney 510 Trigger
JP Howitzer Muzzle Brake
Harris Bi-Pod 6-9 BR
Leupold Mark 4 rings and base </div></div>

How do you like that Brake? I've got the same rifle with the exception of the Scope and was looking at those as they are different but wondering how they perform

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bob10475</div><div class="ubbcode-body">5-R (700) = $969.
Scope = $1069.
Rings = $ 100.
Base = $ 100.
Bipod = $69.
Bolt Knob w/ install = $53.
B&C Stock = $397.
Timney 510 = $128
Wyatt mag assemb. = $250
Bedding job = $50
Brake / install = $204
Total comes to $3389. including shipping. I sold the factory stock, trigger and bottom metal for $327.05 So I'm into this gun for $3061.95 out of pocket... </div></div>

I'm sure that was money well spent.
You shooting 208AMAX's?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bob10475</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The JP Howitzer break is AWESOME!!! Tames the .300 win mag recoil to that of a .243! I think my .243 actually kicks more. I had it installed by eabco.com </div></div>
Appreciate the insight

-Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bob10475</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im actually shooting factory Federal GM300WM for now until I stop being lazy and set up my loading equipment. Im getting sub MOA with factory 190gr. ammo. So once I get set up I probably load the sierra MK 190's with RE-22 at 2900 fps. </div></div>
smart

This gun will do clover leaf patterns with a five shot grouping. It took me a while to get the right setup. I had to order a couple sets of rings to get the scope as close to the barrel as possible for a good cheek weld.

IMG_1833.jpg

R700 300 WM trued up reciever/tuned up factory trigger.
Lilja 24" 10twist
Sendero stock inletted for CDI bottom metal
US Optics SN-3 3.8-22
TPS scope rail/Seekins rings.
Gunsmithing by Woody@ X Ring Accuracy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Forwardeyes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AI AW 308 SB 5.5-25x56 and SAKO TRG22 308 5.5-25x56

308awtrg.jpg
</div></div>

these are arguably the 2 best factory rifles made in 308! wonderful duo Jose!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LordofPangea</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
IMG_1833.jpg

R700 300 WM trued up reciever/tuned up factory trigger.
Lilja 24" 10twist
Sendero stock inletted for CDI bottom metal
US Optics SN-3 3.8-22
TPS scope rail/Seekins rings.
Gunsmithing by Woody@ X Ring Accuracy
</div></div>

Great rifle! What loads are you using in it??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Forwardeyes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AI AW 308 SB 5.5-25x56 and SAKO TRG22 308 5.5-25x56

308awtrg.jpg
</div></div>

I like this decision, instead of driving yourself crazy deciding which to buy, just get them both and be done with it.

you are 1 lucky guy, what more could you ask for (sweet)<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Forwardeyes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AI AW 308 SB 5.5-25x56 and SAKO TRG22 308 5.5-25x56

308awtrg.jpg
</div></div>