• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

precision rifles... show em

Re: precision rifles... show em

dm9z48.jpg

Please excuse the chew marks on the cabinets, when i bring these out my dog can't stand herself, she gets all hot and bothered too.

Just got my stock in, so, its kinda new.

SPS T
SS 16x
Badger rings
Mcree Stock

After talking with Scott on Monday. Thursday, I ordered and paid for a Mcree Tmag stock with alternating colors with FDE and Black. Scott being a great business man and all around good guy got it in the mail same day and to my door this morning. I couldn't be happier with the stocks quality.

For those of you looking for a chassis system, don't over look a McRee stock. Others are also good but they aren't any better.

mcree.jpg
[/quote]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BgBmBoo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How about a couple (of precision rifles) in action? Amber and I shooting.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/v4-yODHzSO0"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/v4-yODHzSO0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YSfxXZfMnNk"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YSfxXZfMnNk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Take care,Stan </div></div>

Loved this vid :p Next time maybe a bikini shooting a rifle with a lot more recoil?

-MS

Final evolution of my R700 in 300 wsm:

Rem 700 SPS 300 wsm
Jewell Trigger
Tubb Firing Pin Upgrade
DD Ross Bolt Handle
McRees T-Mag Folder MP-MODSS
Alpha Mag
Accu-Shot Monopod & Atlas V8
Leupold Mk4 20 MOA Base
Premier Heritage 3-15x50 Gen 2 XR
Seekins 34 mm High Rings
Badger FTE
Holland's 34 mm Ring Mount Bubble Level

Rem700300wsmA-3.jpg

Rem700300wsmB.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GardDog223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Final evolution of my R700 in 300 wsm:

Rem 700 SPS 300 wsm
Jewell Trigger
Tubb Firing Pin Upgrade
DD Ross Bolt Handle
Alpha Mag
Leupold Mk4 20 MOA Base
Seekins 34 mm High Rings
Badger FTE

Waiting on: Holland's 34 mm Ring Mount Bubble Level

</div></div>

WOW.. she's a beauty!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VjjR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm new, whats the round holding cheek piece a lot of people here Have? </div></div>

most of them are probably Eagle stock packs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DUB19K</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
dm9z48.jpg

Please excuse the chew marks on the cabinets, when i bring these out my dog can't stand herself, she gets all hot and bothered too. </div></div>

Is that a Savage M10 BA with a USO SN3 and a Harris Bipod I spy?

If so, I'm afraid I just totally copied your rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TX_M10BA_Dave</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DUB19K</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
dm9z48.jpg

Please excuse the chew marks on the cabinets, when i bring these out my dog can't stand herself, she gets all hot and bothered too. </div></div>

If so, I'm afraid I just totally copied your rifle. </div></div>

You would be correct bro! How do you like yours?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DUB19K</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TX_M10BA_Dave</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DUB19K</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
dm9z48.jpg

If so, I'm afraid I just totally copied your rifle. </div></div>

You would be correct bro! How do you like yours? </div></div>

All I know so far is that it looks cool. I'm still waiting on the scope, but I have very high hopes for it. I almost pulled my Nikon off the AR just to go shoot it this weekend, but I just went to the pistol range instead.

What kind of break-in process did you use for your barrel?

Well I've finally got hold of my new rifle and have taken some pictures. Won't get to shoot it before Thursday next week and that will just be to run it in as I'm waiting for some Lapua Cases before I work up a load for it.

Specs:

Surgeon 591 Short Action BDL Style Repeater
Surgeon Sniper Bolt Knob
Bartlein 5R, 6.5mm, 1 in 8 twist Stainless Steel Barrel, ACRC Durabake Finnish, Chambered in .260 Remington, finished to 26"
ACRC Muzzle Break
Ase Utra jet-Z™ COMPACT Moderator
AICS Stage 2.0 MoD Flat Dark Earth Stock
CG X-Treme Mod 22 2-stage Trigger
AI Hand Stop
AI Adjustable Traget Butt Pad
Accu-shot BT08QK (Quick Knob) Rear Monopod
Rigby AI Bipod
P1010705.jpg

P1010703.jpg

P1010703.jpg

P1010706.jpg

P1010712.jpg

Scope is mounted with a LaRue Tactical Base as its being used on two rifles at present, I have some Third Eye Tactical Rings to mount the scope that will be dedicated to this rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GardDog223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Final evolution of my R700 in 300 wsm:

Rem 700 SPS 300 wsm
Jewell Trigger
Tubb Firing Pin Upgrade
DD Ross Bolt Handle
Alpha Mag
Leupold Mk4 20 MOA Base
Seekins 34 mm High Rings
Badger FTE

Waiting on: Holland's 34 mm Ring Mount Bubble Level

Rem700300wsmA-3.jpg

Rem700300wsmB.jpg
</div></div>

Damn, all of these rigs are sweet, but this one has caught my eye the most. Nice rigs fellas'.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: John MH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I've finally got hold of my new rifle and have taken some pictures. Won't get to shoot it before Thursday next week and that will just be to run it in as I'm waiting for some Lapua Cases before I work up a load for it.

Specs:

Surgeon 591 Short Action BDL Style Repeater
Surgeon Sniper Bolt Knob
Bartlein 5R, 6.5mm, 1 in 8 twist Stainless Steel Barrel, ACRC Durabake Finnish, Chambered in .260 Remington, finished to 26"
ACRC Muzzle Break
Ase Utra jet-Z™ COMPACT Moderator
AICS Stage 2.0 MoD Flat Dark Earth Stock
CG X-Treme Mod 22 2-stage Trigger
AI Hand Stop
AI Adjustable Traget Butt Pad
Accu-shot BT08QK (Quick Knob) Rear Monopod
Rigby AI Bipod
P1010705.jpg

P1010703.jpg

P1010703.jpg

P1010706.jpg

P1010712.jpg

Scope is mounted with a LaRue Tactical Base as its being used on two rifles at present, I have some Third Eye Tactical Rings to mount the scope that will be dedicated to this rifle. </div></div>

I fell in love with your barrel...!
Very good work on your rifle. Nice Specs.!
ok.gif

Remmy 700 .308 SA
AICS Stock w Krylon
Badger IMUNS front
Reworked Bolt and Handle
JP Recoil Eliminator
20 inch Barrel
Alpha 10 Rnd Mag
Leupy Mark 4 Illum TMR
Leup rings and
Nightforce Base
US Optics Base Mount Level
33et20i.jpg

f5a73m.jpg

2q155wp.jpg

2s6vklz.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Drumie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like your JP Recoil Eliminator is on upside down.
</div></div>

That it does. Wonder if it matters?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Drumie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like your JP Recoil Eliminator is on upside down.
</div></div>

That it does. Wonder if it matters? </div></div>

It helps to increase the hop....
smile.gif

Yeh all Krylon Fusion Ultra Flat Camo. Sand, Khaki, Brown and Black. And a Ruddy Reddish Brown Primer to mist in some earty reds...
I used all the great prep and painting tips i learned at this forum. I dissasembled alot of the rifle to do it though, i wanted it to look right. But i didn't have the balls to paint my scope. HA HA -piggy

New Remmington 700 in .308
Rem. Trued action with a flutted bolt and wears a Night Force 20moa scope base, Broughton 11.25 twist, 24" in length, 1" at the muzzle. The barrel has just over 500 rounds. Jard trigger set at 1lb. The barreled action was Cerakoted by Score High in black...

Stock is a McMillian A-4 in Forest Camo with 5 flush cups two on each side and one on the bottom in the rear. The stock was bedded to this action by Score High also.
Barreled action was built by Bob White here in NJ

IMG_0451.jpg

IMG_0450.jpg

This was a 10 round group with stock FGMM .168

IMG_0453.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: punkpigpen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As requested the Bolt handle. Its a steel ball knob from Bill's Bolt Knobs and a reworked handle threaded.
2a9xnwz.jpg
</div></div>

Looks awesome! You all who Krylon your rifles must have B@lls-O-Steel. I don't think I could take a spray can to a $2K+ rifle. Did you just apply it straight to barrel/action or did you have to prime it with something for it to stick? How does it stand up to heat?

it holds up to heat very well. it cures pretty much free from stickiness and chips in 7 days. the Fusion adheres to the plastic stock with no primer. I primered the barrel, action, rails and anything metal before painting on those. let sit overnight. then assemble with gloves carefully. its in the prep. i used a lint free rag and denatured alcohol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: punkpigpen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its straight out. I'd prefer it like the actual AI bolt knob with the curve like a stick shift with ball. </div></div>

Yea man that looks good, I'd like to try that sometime

im one of the guys who, at times, krylons his rifles. If I start thinking about selling a rifle I like to get something else I want, I krylon it. Its pretty amazing that a $6 can of krylon can instantly remove 50 % of the value of your rifle
cry.gif

Yea man that looks good, I'd like to try that sometime [/quote]

definitely. if you dont like that knob just unscrew it, and theyre very well priced, have nice weight to them and are finished really perfect (even though i just kryloned mine!). Mine is the steel round knob. i think he has matte finishes as well.
heres the link:
http://www.boltknobsbybill.com/Styles.htm

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: spiralseal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">New Remmington 700 in .308

IMG_0450.jpg

This was a 10 round group with stock FGMM .168

IMG_0453.jpg
</div></div>

I wish I could shoot a 10 round group like this. Usually I get a 4 round group like this and one flyer, the GROUP-PIG.

When my rifle has got some lovemarks in the duracoat, I will post some pics also

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sniper52</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My newest addition:
JAA </div></div>

Sniper52, that looks simply awesome. I can only imagine how well it shoots. Do you have the CAN for it?

Nothing precision like alot of other rifles in this thread, but here's my junk.

Remington 700 SS R5
Painted stock flat black
Bushnell Tactical Elite 6500 4.5x30x50 scope
Evolution Gun works 20moa HD base
Evolution Gun works 30mm Tactical rings
Jewel Trigger set at 1 lb

102_0052.jpg