• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

PRS Talk PRS Mag Flag- ACIS Version - Yow-Tech

Ordered one in. Will report back here how it works and if it is solid. Prior infantry here and it has been rumored I can break a steel ball in a round padded room.

Wish I had it today. I'm going to Ben Avery range to work some different loads. (It is a local range here just north of Phoenix). All kinds of tacticool, badass, fucktards congregate and say shit like "Is that a silencer? Aren't those illegal? What kind of gun is that?" "I don't know why you need a scope that costs more than $100." I think a mag flag would blow their little minds. Especially if I tell them it is a specially calibrated heat sink to cool the chamber and action to increase accuracy and make each shot behave like a cold bore. The down side is I have to deal with fucktards. The upside is I get to fuck with the fucktards.

Got mine today and love it. Hope it’s approved soon. Confirm fitment on the XLR Envy and Magpul Hunter. I will be using it at the range, hunting club, and during transportation. Got the dope card too. Thanks Charlie.
E7A4B8D8-6413-4F7F-998E-B2B073E16E23.jpeg

I am looking into a way to add cord that is a bit cleaner. I could add some geometry in the exposed bolt block area but it may hang up as the MagFlag as its installed or removed. I still like it to drop free with ease.

Is the length of bolt from bolt arm to nose relatively the same length (+/- 1/4")? If I made a nice cord vs elastic would it work across most makes of actions?

Last edited:
Reactions: bschneiderheinze
I am looking into a way to add cord that is a bit cleaner. I could add some geometry in the exposed bolt block area but it may hang up as the MagFlag as its installed or removed. I still like it to drop free with ease.

Is the length of bolt from bolt arm to nose relatively the same length (+/- 1/4")? If I made a nice cord vs elastic would it work across most makes of actions?

It is a little funny with a cord coming from below the mag well. I agree the cord could get hang up or be hard to fish through attached to the bolt block area.

What about a hook on the bolt block area? Easliy hook the cord after inserting the mag flag.

Elastic cord would be better as it keep pressure on the bolt.

Reactions: Diver160651
Got mine in last week and was just too busy to write up a quick review on it. Went to the range and they worked as expected. The older design did break very quickly but the beefier bolt stop on the new design held up and worked great. It fit in the Magpul 700 stock very well and dropped free easily, and a little snug in the Ruger American Magpul hunter. Could very well be that my R700 Magpul hunter has had a lot more use than my new Ruger Magpul hunter stock. I can see the benefit of a eyelet or notch/hook on the front of the bolt stop to add an elastic band to hold the bold closed. I just steal hair ties from the old lady. They seem to work pretty damn well for that.

DUTCH84, you won't need to wait long....I have large number of stock of all colors for our Texas State 22LR Precision Championship 2019 that I am sponsoring. Yours will ship out today.

Two things-

First:
like an idiot, I forgot to add the discount code at checkout and Charlie refunded it after I completed the order.

Second:
The mag block Fits all my short action AICS, including the 15 year old .308 AICS 1.5 that the mag well is beat to hell from many, many steel mag changes while prone.

54156BD4-7C34-48D6-BB5D-2EBC39CAF38F.jpeg

You need to make long action block next.....

From our brothers across the pond......"Used your mag flag at the first Precision rifle league (PRL) shoot at roundhouse in England. Me and john both used them. John won the event and I came 3rd in the pairs ELR day 2 event. The mag flags drew huge attention and lots of guys were keen to buy them. we got some great pics which we will post on FB and Instagram. "

Attachments

• YowTech England.jpg
    YowTech England.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 172
  • YowTech England2.jpg
    YowTech England2.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 175
  • YowTech England3.jpg
    YowTech England3.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 164
  • YowTech England4.jpg
    YowTech England4.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 172
  • YowTech England5.jpg
    YowTech England5.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 174
Reactions: Nebulous
So I know most of the folks on the HIDE shoot the big guns, but for anyone doing the NRL22 Monthly COF and using either Vudoo or CZ 22LR, we have a new product for CZ rifles called the .......wait for it........CZ MagFlag....it is based off of the 5 and 10 round CZ 22 magazine. Let me know what you think.

It has clearance for the ejectors and will only touch the bolt at the base and not the face in any way.
Like all the Yow-Tech LLC products you can choose color and flag versions. (We got a new American Flag- US version that is cool)

Charlie
Yow-Tech.com

Attachments

• IMG_3841.jpg
    IMG_3841.jpg
    712.6 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_3839.jpg
    IMG_3839.jpg
    791.5 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_3835.jpg
    IMG_3835.jpg
    453.5 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_3836.jpg
    IMG_3836.jpg
    386.6 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_3830.jpg
    IMG_3830.jpg
    320 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_3832.jpg
    IMG_3832.jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_3815.jpg
    IMG_3815.jpg
    927.7 KB · Views: 125
Reactions: Triggs75
I have seen that some people have mentioned that these aren’t permitted at some matches due to it not inserting into the chamber (which makes sense to me). Could you design a version with a bolt-action style or sliding protuberance that would insert into the chamber?

-Kirby

New MagFlag product design !! I have had several folks provide feedback that they like the MagFlag but do not like how their bolt is loose and moves forward and back. I have added the geometry to accommodate a shock cord that will pull the bolt forward and can be stored away for when you do not want to use the feature.

I am planing on rolling this feature out to MagFlag AICS, MagFlag Vudoo, and MagFlag AW.

What do you think?
Charlie

Attachments

• IMG_4001.jpg
    IMG_4001.jpg
    506.3 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_3999.jpg
    IMG_3999.jpg
    464.6 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_3998.jpg
    IMG_3998.jpg
    452.3 KB · Views: 137
I am going to put the new MagFlag Bolt cord design on site for AICS first. I am still working on Vudoo and AW versions.

Also, I am extending the 1776 17% off sale through July!!!