Question for the accurized AR-15 crowd...

Okay, so I have a response from Falkor.

From their main "info" email, they told me that since the model has been discontinued and out of warranty period, there's nothing they can/would do for me.

I also directly emailed a representative who was once active on the 'Hide, and he was certainly more helpful. He didn't seem to think that the barrel extension was damaged, but maybe its just hard to see on pictures. He stated that while the rifle doesn't have an accuracy guarantee, it should be capable of consistent sub-MOA. He also re-iterated that the gouges on the bullets were likely caused by the feed ramps on the extension, and they could polish it for me. However that would come at a cost of shipping rifle there + $75/hr gunsmithing rate + $75 to ship back to me.

I decided to reach out to Proof as well, since it is their barrel and barrel extension, to see what they say. I think they were also the ones that donated the rifle to the SHC. I just sent them an email, so waiting to hear their response.

So now I'm left wondering if I need to spend $200-250 to send it off to polish the feed ramps (and that still may not address the accuracy issues), do I just put that money towards a Craddock RTR in .223 wylde or 6 ARC? 🤔

Here's a picture:

View attachment 8522256

I have a feeling that this is the culprit, it looks like its almost a knifes edge:

View attachment 8522257
Ooof. Yeah that's begging for a good polishing/blending job, arfcom has a suprisingly useful ancient thread on the topic here if you want to DIY: https://www.ar15.com/forums/precision-rifles/Hellbenders-guides-to-Ultimate-AR15-and-or-AR10/4-42/

Covers a bunch of good accurizing steps such as feed polishing and barrel shimming (the latter probably not needed in your case)

Reactions: kthomas
Here's some more pictures, this is what happens when the BCG is ran at any speed less than "full speed ahead":

1000015323.jpg

The ammo gets consistently hung up on the feed ramps.

This is with 20rd pmags, 30rd pmags, metal 30rd KAC mag, and regardless of what side of the mag the ammo is stripped from.

Okay, so I have a response from Falkor.

From their main "info" email, they told me that since the model has been discontinued and out of warranty period, there's nothing they can/would do for me.

I also directly emailed a representative who was once active on the 'Hide, and he was certainly more helpful. He didn't seem to think that the barrel extension was damaged, but maybe its just hard to see on pictures. He stated that while the rifle doesn't have an accuracy guarantee, it should be capable of consistent sub-MOA. He also re-iterated that the gouges on the bullets were likely caused by the feed ramps on the extension, and they could polish it for me. However that would come at a cost of shipping rifle there + $75/hr gunsmithing rate + $75 to ship back to me.

I decided to reach out to Proof as well, since it is their barrel and barrel extension, to see what they say. I think they were also the ones that donated the rifle to the SHC. I just sent them an email, so waiting to hear their response.

So now I'm left wondering if I need to spend $200-250 to send it off to polish the feed ramps (and that still may not address the accuracy issues), do I just put that money towards a Craddock RTR in .223 wylde or 6 ARC? 🤔
Send the upper to Craddock and get them to put you a new bartlien on it and be done with it dude.

Reactions: kthomas
Send the upper to Craddock and get them to put you a new bartlien on it and be done with it dude.

I'm currently working this through with Proof right now, they have been awesome and have given me a couple of suggestions for troubleshooting.

If this ends up being a hassle and/or considerable money to get working right, then I'm going that route and sending it to Craddock for a fresh start.

Reactions: BuildingConceptsllc