• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Question for you Grooved receiver guys.

James0101

Private
Minuteman
Sep 25, 2010
Ft Worth, TX
Are you guys using a an adapter to use weaver or picatinny rings? If so any recommendations as to which one to buy. Possibly one that mounts as low as possible? Or do you guys just use the grooved receiver rings? And if so any recommendations for these? Wanting to put a 30mm tube optic on my 702 plinkster.

Re: Question for you Grooved receiver guys.

Get a one-piece rings/base that tightens to the groove with a vertical stop screw.

I've had great results with the Leapers/UTG Accushot model.

First cinch the long rail on, then screw the stop screw into the top of the receiver. It'll mar the he** out of receiver, but hey, it stays rock solid.

Besides, you bought a brazilian plinkjunk anyway, so who cares what it looks like...

You can get them in 1" or 30mm versions, and they have a couple different heights.

LERGPM2PA-25H4-new.jpg

Re: Question for you Grooved receiver guys.

on my marlin .22 mag, i use millet angle locks. they are the only ones that did not slip in the grooved receiver. but with the 30 mm tube, the optic may even be heavier, a full piece like mentioned above would probably be more sturdy.

of course drilling and tapping is the best route yet.