• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

question on AI

matleez

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 25, 2012
Ohio
im looking to get an AI eventually, maybe next fall when i get more Grant money for going to OSU, anyhow does anyone run a AXMC as a PRS setup and what is the weight with a scope and bipod on it, secondly what does the AXMC in long action config go for used? thanks for anyones help

Plan on $10k for an AXMC, optic, and two bolts/mag adapters/barrels. Maybe a little less for a used one, but you'll likely only get one bolt and barrel and it will be 300WM.

If you're planning to actually shoot a PRS or local PRS-style match, do yourself a favor and forget the long action magnum and stick with a short action. Many matches won't even let you shoot magnums. A 6 Creed shooting 110 SMKs will shoot right along side the best 300WM anyway, except it will be way cheaper and have less recoil. FWIW my AX short action is probably 19 lbs. with scope, bipod and mag. An AXMC is probably a pound or two heavier than that.

My advice: buy a used AT for like $3800 and never look back. If you have the ability to shoot ELR, think about an AXMC when you're out of school and have the cash to do so.

my ax308 with a sphur mount, nf atacr 5-25, and ultra 7 thunderbeast, is right at 19.5 lbs with harris and ftw sling. ran it in a multiple matches to include the NF precision match out at the whittington center back in may. worked well for me, no issues with weight

I use a AI AXMC long action in PRS matches with a S&B PMll scope, Atlas Bipod, Spuhr mount, converted to short action.
The weight of the gun is not a problem after a few matches.
They are deadly accurate & dependable as hell!!! It's a battle proven weapon that keeps on working.
The trigger is a 2 stage, 3lb thing to get used to also.
You won't look back if you get one, but you may invest in multiple barrels!!
I have 6CM, 6.5CM, 6.5x47, .308, .300WM, 338LM barrels.

If I ever get as good as my gun is, I'll be a famous shooter!!!