• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Quiet Please!!!

KYS

BBN #1
Minuteman
Oct 8, 2008
Lexington, KY
Thought I would throw some pictures up of my two suppressor I picked up today. I only had time to put a mag thru the S&W, the AAC TiRant is as advertised, very quiet and light weight. They really did their homework on this one! I had to turn it one notch to get it back to zero on my pistol. This is comfortable to shoot with no earpro and I was standing in a garage shooting at a 25 yard target that was outside.
2itlbpg.jpg

The rifle: GAP Hospitaller (308) wearing a Gemtech Sandstorm. There were a few posts floating around that were asking question about the Sandstorm... Here are a few pics to look at. Just by handling it..... I am very impressed with the construction. The 2 hand welded rings that are at the end and front of the tube. Thats just the start of it, the internals are robust. Baffles are nicely stacked and cut clean, no burs no ruff edges. I will try to shoot this combo on Thursday (3/04/10) before I leave on my hunting/fishing trip. I expect great things from this rig!

Less talky more pictures!
av3cd5.jpg

29dkd4j.jpg

6xqnb4.jpg

ENJOY!

Re: Quiet Please!!!

Are you shooting the pistol dry or are you using some type of median to shoot it wet for better sound suppression. I have an AAC can that I can shoot dry without ear protection but its still pretty loud.

I have only had time to shoot it dry.
I have shot my other pistol cans wet and it does make a difference.

Wire Pulling Gel works well. or white lithium grease. Dont use to much or your gonna make a mess!

I'm interested to see what you think of the sandstorm. I have heard mixed reviews in regards to POI shift. If you get a chance can you let us know how it worked out for you? Possibly compare it to some of your other cans?

As always, some more nice looking set-ups from KY.

Yes Patches ill compare to how it was already zeroed for my SWR Omega 30

SuperSeal - I run a Nikon D3, lens varies on what Im shooting. Im no pro but I can get by....
wink.gif

Well to be honest.... Not really sure. I wouldnt think it would hurt it but then you have to ask yourself, why do they make an Omega 300 can? Id say, dont do it. Call SWR though... your best bet is to hear it straight from the guys who design them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: keithtb1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kyshooter338
Hoping you might know. I have the SWR Omega 30 can also. Is it rated for 300WM or do I have to get a dedicated can for my 300. </div></div>

It will take .300WM. It just doesn't sound as good as the Omega 300.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice. What's even nicer is the ability to stand in your garage and shoot out. Shit I envy you man. </div></div>

What's even nicer is being able to shoot in the basement when it's too cold to shoot in the garage
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BachelorJack</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: keithtb1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kyshooter338
Hoping you might know. I have the SWR Omega 30 can also. Is it rated for 300WM or do I have to get a dedicated can for my 300. </div></div>

It will take .300WM. It just doesn't sound as good as the Omega 300. </div></div>

I talked to them today and was actually coming here to comment on it. they said yes it will take the 300WM but it wont sound as muffled as their Omega 300.

All pics are taken with a Nikon D3 with no flash....

Im about to add a picture. I went into my local gunshop today and one of the salesmen pulled me aside and said "we have a new shipment of Nighthawk custom pistols in, one is in 9mm with a threaded barrel, interested? Of course I was intrigues and looked it over. I was blown away by the fit and finish so I bought it and now it wears the TiRant. pics to come! check back here in a few.