• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

R.I.P. Bill Calfee

6.5SH

Two Star General
Minuteman
Jul 24, 2020

He passed away 8/11/2024

I came across his articles in Precision Shooting magazine in the 90's. He introduced rimfire barrel tuners there in 1994.
@tonykharper has posted a series of reminiscence threads on forum.accurateshooter.com, hopefully he will cross post them here or I will link them with his say so.

Know there is some bad blood between these forums, and tuners are a controversial topic for many. But there is no denying the impact Bill Calfee and tuners had on the Rimfire Benchrest world.

He passed away 8/11/2024

I came across his articles in Precision Shooting magazine in the 90's. He introduced rimfire barrel tuners there in 1994.
@tonykharper has posted a series of reminiscence threads on forum.accurateshooter.com, hopefully he will cross post them here or I will link them with his say so.

Know there is some bad blood between these forums, and tuners are a controversial topic for many. But there is no denying the impact Bill Calfee and tuners had on the Rimfire Benchrest world.
He made the very best small bore (rimfire) handguns for handgun silhouette. He only stopped building them when Remington quit selling the 40X rimfire bolts he needed to convert the XP-100’s to rimfire.

he was good.

Reactions: d_dial and 6.5SH