• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

R700 5R Stock Opinions needed

StayHidden

Private
Minuteman
May 31, 2011
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Hey guys. New to the forum here and just pick up my new Remington 700 .308 5R 20" stainless threaded yesterday. I'm gonna drop it in an A4 but cant decided on what color finish to get. I know it would look good in black but I'm wondering if you guys have any opinions/seen any other colors that really go good with a stainless barreled action. Thanks in advance!

Re: R700 5R Stock Opinions needed

Only you can decide what looks good to you.

I thought the stock that came on my 5R was a decent looking stock, I spray painted it any way (along with the barreled action)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cameron L</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i personally like the tan and stainless combo, i went with the 70tan 20brown and 10black marble a5 for my 5r, </div></div>

Do you have a picture of it so I could get an idea of how it would look? Bc those are the 3 colors I am considering and about the same percentage of each. Thanks if you do.

Who cares what color it is? Shoot the farking thing. Targets don't care how cool your gun looks.

I like GAP camo by the way!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KeithR41</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who cares what color it is? Shoot the farking thing. Targets don't care how cool your gun looks.</div></div>

Haha no targets don't care but if this is something I'm putting money in I would like it to not look something that came out of a dog. Take pride in something you put together you know?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StayHidden</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KeithR41</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who cares what color it is? Shoot the farking thing. Targets don't care how cool your gun looks.</div></div>

Haha no targets don't care but if this is something I'm putting money in I would like it to not look something that came out of a dog. Take pride in something you put together you know? </div></div>

i understand what you mean by looking like shit, i wouldnt waist my money on something that i wouldnt like. hers the pic of mine.

photo-2.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cameron L</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StayHidden</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KeithR41</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who cares what color it is? Shoot the farking thing. Targets don't care how cool your gun looks.</div></div>

Haha no targets don't care but if this is something I'm putting money in I would like it to not look something that came out of a dog. Take pride in something you put together you know? </div></div>

i understand what you mean by looking like shit, i wouldnt waist my money on something that i wouldnt like. hers the pic of mine.

photo-2.jpg
</div></div>

I think you just made up my mind...
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cameron L</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StayHidden</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KeithR41</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who cares what color it is? Shoot the farking thing. Targets don't care how cool your gun looks.</div></div>

photo-2.jpg
</div></div>

Looks good.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jdegid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How about your 5R in a XLR chassis

it looks awesome in stainless

Juliet2025_crop.jpg
</div></div>
I do really like how that looks. That might just be my next project.