• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Range Report New Gun

wwrhodes91

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 14, 2012
First time to the range with my new Remington 5R SWFA 5-20x50. Got it sighted in and shot the first group.... couldn't believe how accurate it was. Every group I shot was sub MOA. I couldn't have been happier. I had several groups under. 25 MOA.

.198 MOA
2012-11-04_18-22-23_542.jpg

.55 MOA
2012-11-04_18-22-31_263.jpg

.292 MOA
2012-11-04_18-22-37_812.jpg

Updated the MOA measurements.

Re: Range Report New Gun

Thanks guys. I think luck has a lot to do with it too. Also just realized that my physics homework made it into the picture. lol.

Also, the scope is out of this world. The nicest scope I have owned before this is a VX-III 3.5-10X50 which has decent glass, but the clarity on the SWFA is mind blowing. Looking forward to taking it out past 500.

Great shooting rifle! Mine is consistent .75-.5 moa shooter. Shot a .390" 5 shot group Saturday checking zero on mine and put it back in the case. For the money they are very hard to beat.

Enjoy!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wwrhodes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think the only thing I am not 100% happy with is the trigger. You think timney is good or should I save fore a Jewell? </div></div>

Super nice groups, sure ya wanna change that trigger?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 78steeler</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wwrhodes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think the only thing I am not 100% happy with is the trigger. You think timney is good or should I save fore a Jewell? </div></div>

Super nice groups, sure ya wanna change that trigger? </div></div>

I don't know. I'm going to do some more tweaking. I'm on a college budget so it probably isn't the best idea. I think saving for a good long range class would be the best bang for my buck. I need to learn how to read wind before I can tighten everything up at 500+

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wwrhodes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think the only thing I am not 100% happy with is the trigger. You think timney is good or should I save fore a Jewell?</div></div>

Get a Timney. You can install it yourself. I have rifles with Jewell, Timey and rem triggers. Although Jewell feels the best to me, I don't believe it's worth the extra cost. My wife believes the Timney is the best. Order direct from the factory and they will set the pull weight to your spec. I recommend 1.5-2#.

I don't think I'll get a suppressor any time soon. A karsten and possibly a trigger will likely be my only purchases until my barrel is gone.