• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

RCBS Contacts?

Bradaus

Private
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2011
Hi hide.

I'm trying to track down contacts internal to RCBS who can help me out with their (lack of) customer service.

tldr version; I bought a chargemaster, and around the 12 month mark it broke. I contacted RCBS, and they were kind enough to send me a (broken) replacement unit at my expense ($65). I've tried for the last 5 months to get them to do something about the broken chargemaster they sent me. They're now ignoring my emails altogether and have made no attempt to fix the issue (even though the product is/was still under warranty)

The more verbose version; Whilst waiting for the unit to turn up I went and bought another locally to get me through the couple of weeks I would be without one (here in Aus, back then, they were around $600 when the AUD was at parity with the USD, so a rather expensive exercise...). The replacement unit RCBS sent out turned up a couple weeks later and sat in the cupboard for nearly 6 months, until I decided to sell it as I needed some cash (and figured I would try and recoup some of the cost of the second unit). Finding a buyer wasn't hard, however when I tested the unit to make sure everything was ok, I was presented with the 02009 error. (this was the first time I had tried the replacement unit rcbs sent out)

I contacted RCBS to sort out replacing the unit (and this is where the fun began).

Long story short, It's been over 5 months since they were made aware of the problem, they very rarely reply to emails (in fact, they have stopped replying all together) and they keep feeding me a bullshit excuse about not being able to export the product to Australia.

I'm at my wits end with them. I've tried contacting ATK on twitter and email, no response, I have a number of contacts that have been across the saga that I cc into every email, yet, nothing. I've been very patient but the fact they can't even respond with a simple "We're still working on the issue" when I send my monthly "Is this sorted yet" reminder is unforgivable.

For what it's worth, the unit was still under manufacturers warranty up until about a week ago.

RCBS has made no effort to assist or solve the problem, the best response I received was telling me to "blow on the connector". Euphemism? It seems like it...

Last edited:
In my experience with RCBS, you have to ship them the product first to get the warranty started, then they will warranty it for free, or in the case of CM's they will replace it for $45.00 US. For something that expensive, they must need proof of ownership, not sure???
So get their address and ship it to them with all info.
I don't buy the export bs, it got there somehow.

In my experience with RCBS, you have to ship them the product first to get the warranty started, then they will warranty it for free, or in the case of CM's they will replace it for $45.00 US. For something that expensive, they must need proof of ownership, not sure???
So get their address and ship it to them with all info.
I don't buy the export bs, it got there somehow.

Hey Milo,

Yeah the supplier has no problem getting them in, nor does anyone else importing them from the states, there certainly isn't anyone stopping them leaving the country as far as I'm aware.

With my original, all I needed to do was destroy the scales then send them photographic evidence. They didn't want the item shipped back.

Is there some authority I can contact regarding RCBS not honoring their warrantee?

Hey Milo,

Is there some authority I can contact regarding RCBS not honoring their warrantee?

Bradus,
I'm sure not, I would have to think today our government would hand out blue ribbons to any firearms mfg's company who refused warranty to customers.
Just keep after them, calling should be the best, just put your phone on speaker when waiting, so you don't totally lose 40 minutes of your life.
US # 1-800-533-5000, explain to these people.

This is how full of shit RCBS are :mad:

I've had other people contact me to tell me they are getting chargemasters replaced under warranty and sent from RCBS US to Australia without any problems. They were also kind enough to pass on the contact details of the tech they were dealing with, so maybe I will get a no bullshit response when I get around to asking them why they are feeding this crap.

:mad: :mad: :mad: