• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Member Link Up RCSC: Range Day - October

Re: RCSC: Range Day - October

KY and ACE had <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">TONS </span></span> of steel out there today. excellent setup lots of great spotters and a good buncha people. thanks to all for putting this together.weather was perfect couldnt have went any better. thanks again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ~Ace~</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get with me... if it's any count I'll get you on at 1525 </div></div>

prophetic statement ..

I guess the TRG42 338 Lapua and 5.5-22 Nightforce is "any count" LMAO,,

Want to say that myself and deh223 had a blast today!

Was great to get to put a face with the handle here and get together to put some downrange with everyone.

Thanks to KYS338, Ace and Mrs. Ace for everything! They had a slew of steel set up for us from 400-1100 yards on the low end and a bonus at 1525!

Made my longest shot to date today, banged the 1525 with the .338LM. A special thanks to Mrs. Ace, she spotted me on the 1525 and talked me right in.

As a bonus, a_bishop got behind my .338 and she spotted for him and got him on the 1525 as well!

Thanks to all that put in the time to make this happen!!

Myself and deh223 are looking forward to the next one already!

Thanks to KYS338, Ace and Mrs. Ace. Had a great time today. Actually ran out of ammo. Rang up consistent hits from 700 yards in. Actually got talked into taking a few shots at 900 with my M1A SuperMatch by my future Brother in Law. I had never shot that far ever. I hit the 12 x 12 target 5 times, and if it had been a half silhouette would have had about 10 more hits. Perfect Day for me. Can't wait for the next one!

not sure what tamer is refering to, ace commented saying it was the worst shooting conditions there in almost all of his shoots there. 1525 was almost impossible unless you were flinging .338 bullets.

DA was around 1400-2000 all day. Bad swirling spots, and a few targets that were almost unhitable the 835 circle targets something about the wind coming over the hill at that area was giving people fits.

No doubt to what Ouch is saying.......

I'd never shot out to 1525 yards and Ace told me the same thing. Mrs. Ace spotted for me and got me on the 1525 after the wind got hold of me on the first pass.

A couple of the targets gave me a major fit as Ouch stated. The 835 and 904 both had some hinky wind. Managed to get on both but the wind was a real pain in that stretch.

I cant put in words how much I appreciated the help from ace and his wife helping me get on at 1525,,I can shoot here at 1100 but I made the trip for the 1525 target and I got on it with the Lapua and whenever yall do this again just go ahead and sign me and Daddy up,,

I really learned alot about my CZ Varmint 223 ,,the 4.5-14 LRT M1 has enough elevation to reach 1200 with the 75 Hornady but man the wind was a nightmare at the 1100 target,,

I am pretty confidant with the 223 at 600 or so in calm air or steady air,,the way the conditions were changing the 223 was at best a 500 yard weapon,

Great fun, my 2nd trip. Heat was tuff for me!

Anyone have the atmospheres for Sat?
Did not have my Kestrel and did not ask on Sat.

Going over my few notes and want to get better data.

Will go back, hopefully in Jan, Feb, March when its much cooler.

Thanks

And a big outstanding to the ones who set this up and continue to keep it going and getting better.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 45.308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great fun, my 2nd trip. Heat was tuff for me!

Anyone have the atmospheres for Sat?
Did not have my Kestrel and did not ask on Sat.

Going over my few notes and want to get better data.

Will go back, hopefully in Jan, Feb, March when its much cooler.

Thanks

And a big outstanding to the ones who set this up and continue to keep it going and getting better. </div></div>

heat the weather was perfect this weekend last shoot it was hot

WinD was tricky on the left side targets and past 900 after lunch. Lots of direction changing. My 18 inch 308 had no problem smacking all the targets tho. 178 amax ftw

I didn't go but this is super cool of you guys to put on. We have some folks doing something similar in my neck of the woods.

Hope to make it next time.

How can we help you put something like this on again in the future?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dvdt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I didn't go but this is super cool of you guys to put on. We have some folks doing something similar in my neck of the woods.

How can we help you put something like this on again in the future? </div></div>
Just sign up for the next one Show up bang some steel meet a bunch of cool people. Spend a little money at the lodge and don't act like a know it all or a goon and I'm pretty sure the shoots will keep happening.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: a_bishop</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dvdt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I didn't go but this is super cool of you guys to put on. We have some folks doing something similar in my neck of the woods.

How can we help you put something like this on again in the future? </div></div>
Just sign up for the next one Show up bang some steel meet a bunch of cool people. Spend a little money at the lodge and don't act like a know it all or a goon and I'm pretty sure the shoots will keep happening. </div></div>

Is your rifle a factory b/a?