Suppressors Ready to submit my Form 4s, have question...

Cerebus

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 3, 2008
Frederick, MD
I know this is a complete noob question, but I'm going the trust route and just need to verify that I don't need to submit for local LEO approval. Everything goes directly to the BATF, correct?

Re: Ready to submit my Form 4s, have question...

correct, 2 copies of the form 4 (front and back of ONE sheet of paper), I think its 2 copies of the other form( I forget what it is), and one COPY of your trust (do NOT send the original of the trust) and make sure SOMETHING is listed in the sched A.

What's the "other" form? I have two copies of the Form 4 (it's double-sided) and a copy of my trust paperwork, but I thought that was it.

2 copies of the Form 4 filled out and SIGNED by the FFL and you
1 check to the BATFE
1 Certificate of Compliance
1 COPY of the trust

Make sure you send it to the <span style="font-weight: bold">Atlanta</span> address, not the Chicago or WV address, even though the paperwork still ends up in Martinsburg WV.

Some people say you must send in the schedule A, but the only time I have ever done that is on my first one and I never get it kicked back.

Doh, I didn't know I missed the Certificate of Compliance.

http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-5330-20.pdf

Thanks everyone.
smile.gif

We will be sending the paperwork in soon as well, so I have a question (hopefully the OP doesn't mind), is there anything different required if you are a Canadian citizen? I understand that Canadians can own class 3 items in the US, just checking if there are any other forms are we are going the trust route as well.,

Thanks
-Felipe

Anyone know the best way to have a trust done up? No clue on what they are supposed to look like or include.
Thanks
-Felipe

One more dumb question. I'm submitting paper work for two separate suppressors. Should I mail them in together or in separate envelopes?
smile.gif

You can do them together, but I would do em separate just for giggles ........ that way you have everything for each one and dont THINK you have everything and find something missing later.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cerebus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One more dumb question. I'm submitting paper work for two separate suppressors. Should I mail them in together or in separate envelopes?
smile.gif
</div></div>

I have always mailed multiples together in one packet with only one copy of the trust and duplicates for the rest. This way they come back together, or at least mine did.