Gunsmithing Recommend a Gunsmith in San Francisco Bay Area

Phil3

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2008
San Ramon, CA
I will probably need some gunsmithing work done in the near future and would like to know if anyone could recommend a good smith in the San Francisco bay area. I can always mail parts to smiths located further away, but thought it would be beneficial to establish a good face to face relationship. Besides quality work, I really would value reasonable turn around time.

- Phil

Re: Recommend a Gunsmith in San Francisco Bay Area

What's up Phil. I live on the peninsula and don't know any gunsmiths that are local. There are 2 gunsmiths that I know of that are on the peninsula and are absolute garbage. I should clarify: The above pertains to gunsmiths that work on bolt guns.

I have always sent all of my rifles out.

If you have any luck, let me know. I'd be interested in finding a good local smith.

I checked out Spartan Rifles website and it looks impressive. Would love to have one of his rifles, but higher end than I am willing to spend (at least until the shooting bug really takes hold). Will check to see if does simple things, like chambering a barrel and fitting it to an action. Spartan is about a half hour from where I live, a nice benefit.

- Phil

Phil, Marc does it all. And does it well. He has built several guns for the Nor Cal club guys and they are all hammers. Easy going and easy to work with as well. Being 20 mins down the fwy is a benefit too.

I can't thank all enough for the tip on Spartan's. I am definitely contacting him, but his rifles may pose a serious threat to my wallet.

- Phil

I'm in SoCal and i use Marc at Spartan. On top of being one of the nicest guys in the biz he has built some serious shooters. I should get my 260 from him in a couple weeks
laugh.gif