• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Red flag laws are a good thing!?

NCHillbilly

Libertata Aut Morte
Minuteman
  • Jul 7, 2012
    The occupied states of America
    SO, just wanted to see if any of you gentlemen had any thoughts on the pro gun software developer who was murdered by the police in Maryland a few days ago. Red flag laws will never go wrong, they said. This story needs to be spread far and wide. How many straws does it take to break the camel's back. Don't get me wrong, I am a very staunch supporter of our law enforcement, but I'm thinking that it's false hope to think the good guys in blue would do the right thing in a situation like this in any given locale anywhere in the country. Prove me wrong, please.

You shouldn't have to choose between supporting the constitution and supporting the police. Why don't they understand that, for the most part, pro-gun conservatives are on their side. With the social climate being what it is these days, I would think the police would appreciate supporters instead of killing them. It would be kind of precarious of a position to piss off everyone on the left AND right.

Reactions: The DFC
    I'm in the middle of the road. I can see both sides, and understand the purpose. Where I have issues is when the "rights" of man are being restricted by laws which are allowed to be passed THEN we have to fight to get the laws thrown out.

Last I knew we don't restrict car sales to people who don't have a DL, or who have multiple DUIs. WTH??

Whether or not to deprive a man of life, liberty, or property is a matter for a court of law wherein he has the right to defend himself and to face his accuser. This has been deep in Western culture for a few millennia now and was codified in the English speaking world with the signing of the Magna Carta in 1215. It is called due process of the law and to ignore it or destroy it is wrong and can only be the design of a tyrant.

Due process is afforded ONLY to those laws that are created that do not infringe on the inalienable rights of the people.
    So why is that so hard for politicians to understand??? Cause they just don't care...............

• Love
    Reactions: W54/XM-388
    Maryland is a communist state when it comes to firearm ownership. The tyrants that run that state apparently were out to make an example out of somebody. If you live in an anti-gun state, you are at risk for the same thing happening to you.