• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Redfield: Revenge vs. Battlezone vs. Revolution

The Revolution is their original Redfield-comeback scope and is assembled in the USA.

The Revolution/TAC appears to be the Revolution with a MOA-hash reticle and target turrets.

The Revenge is a hunting focused scope with an interesting rangefinding feature. Made in Philippines, I believe.

The Battlezone is a faux-tactical scope with a BDC elevation turret and MOA-hash reticle. Made in Philippines, I believe.

They are all inexpensive, decent scopes. Not necessarily the best choice at their price point, but not the worst either. I've owned the Battlezone and thought it had pretty good glass, but a clunky reticle, quality in line with the $200 price, and mine appeared to have inconsistent tracking. The Revolution series seems to get good reviews.

I'll add: if you want an inexpensive scope assembled in the USA, the Revolution series is probably a good choice, maybe your only choice. I wouldn't buy a Battlezone again. If you don't care about where it's assembled, I think Burris, Weaver, Nikon and Vortex all offer competitive or possibly better scopes in the same price range, with some of the Weavers made in Japan at LOW (a good thing). This is a price range where going up just $100 or so can make dramatic differences in the quality and performance of the scope.

The Revolution is my goto entry level hunting scope. It is rugged and performs. Made in the same Oregon plant as the Leupolds and carries the same warranty.

The revenge is a feature driven and has resettable turrets and a little larger objective.

Battlezone is basically a "give them what they want" type of scope in line with the Weaver Kaspa scopes, "I" would pass on that one.

I went to check these scopes out at the new gun shop in town.
The revolution is a tad clearer BUT the turrets are not very positive in my opinion.
The Revenge has MUCH better turrets but it's optic may not be quite as clear but it's close.

I was very surprised to see the lower end Revenge have better turrets and were quick resettable and easy to read.