Reloading Manual or What?

bryce01

Private
Minuteman
Aug 14, 2010
Bullard, TX. USA
Have 30-06 SPRNG and have found an interest in a number of the new Hornady bullets. I go to the Hornady web site and find, that their ballistic information is not up to date. Is there a reloading manual and/or medium that comes with updates on ammo manufacturers.

Re: Reloading Manual or What?

How new are these bullets?

Im sure if they are new new .30 cal bullets there should be info floating around somewhere and if not just email them and ask for BC, sec density etc etc.

Besides that, im not aware of any manuals that come with updates. How important is this to you?

Are you looking for specific loads for specific bullets, I mean something other than just the bullet weight? If so, it really doesn't matter, all book data is basically generic by bullet weight and powder type.

"Start low and...", etc accomidates any small differences in components AND firearms.

RE: Ruger 77, MRK II, 30-06
1 in 10 twist, 22 inch barrel
Will be target shooting up to 500 yards.

Originally, interested in the Hornady 178 & 208 30-06 and/or .308 A-MAX. See also that they have a 178 GR BTH Match. Can't find ballistic nor reloading data. So, where does one go?

My opinion, if Hornady doesn't have the information, than who would. Maybe they sell to mind readers.

You might want to check the powder you use manufacturer's website. They seem to have more updated information than manuals which are usually 2-3 years behind in even the newest ones.

Hope that helps,
madd0c

In reference to a different question I had for Hornady they sent me a response that the 8th Edition should be out by the end of the year.
http://www.hornady.com/assets/files/ballistics/ballistics_charts.pdf

This chart has the 178 grain shown as pending R&D for the .308. I'd guess that they will be in the new manual. If you have the bullets and want to start loading I'd use 180 grain Hornady data as a starting point.