Remington 37 Built by Albin Freeland

168BTHPM

Werepig
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 1, 2008
    Nevada
    I picked up a Remington 37 built by Albin Freeland. It's just one of those guns I couldn't walk away from. It has a stainless Schneider barrel, Kenyon trigger, fiddleback maple stock, the bolt is jeweled. It has a Mo's rear sight and Freeland front sight. The rifle came with a Lyman Super Targetspot 20X scope, spare 50 yard and 100 yard Freeland front sights, Knobloch shooting glasses, two Freeland cartridge boxes, a Unertl tube sight and two bipods.

rem37.jpg

That is one classic rifle. See if you can find Al Freeland's auto-biography, it's a great book, entitled Uncle Al. It is an out of print collectors book and can be pricey, but it is a great book full of stories about competitive shooting, Camp Perry, and the development of his products.
    1728362535839.png

Reactions: D_TROS and 168BTHPM
    That is one classic rifle. See if you can find Al Freeland's auto-biography, it's a great book, entitled Uncle Al. It is an out of print collectors book and can be pricey, but it is a great book full of stories about competitive shooting, Camp Perry, and the development of his products.
    View attachment 8519705
    I got a copy of that with the rifle as well as his last catalog.

I also have a really rare book about a young man becoming a gunsmith written by Boots Obermeyer. I have never seen another one.

Last edited:
    Reactions: D_TROS
    I got a copy of that with the rifle as well as his last catalog.

I also have a really rare book about a young man becoming a gunsmith written by Boots Obermeyer. I have never seen another one.
    We must have the only two copies. I actually checked this out of our school library when I was 12.
    1728391807858.png

Man, I wish I could stumble across either one of them books.

I recently started reading this book. Has a chapter in it on the Winchester 52 that I enjoyed.

Attachments

• IMG_5509.jpeg
      IMG_5509.jpeg
      566.9 KB · Views: 6
    Reactions: 168BTHPM