• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Remington 40x 22 action.

Jrb572

Minuteman
  • Dec 7, 2008
    Missouri
    What is the difference between the centerfire actions and the 22 actions? Is there any custom action makers make 22 action? What is that different that no one makes them? Seems there be a big market for them. Or is it just a different bolt?

Re: Remington 40x 22 action.

Thanks for the link. I'm going to have to check out that route. But does anybody know the difference in the actions from centerfire to rimfire?

The rimfire 40x action has a lug recess cut into the action just in front of the rear action ring. There is no cutout in the front ring where a centerfire bolt's lugs would be.

If I recall, one of the custom action makers (Lawton maybe?) was working on a version of the 40x Rimfire. Of course, Lawtons site isn't working or at least I can't connect. NULA also makes a rimfire version of their hunting rifles.

Kaiser Norton

So could you use a centerfire action with a rimfire bolt? also have it machined correct for the lugs? Thanks again for the info. Ill check out lawton also.

Stiller shows a price for them. Thanks again guys. I would rather buy an action then chop up a real deal rifle. Plus I get what I want. I wouldn't use the stock or barrel anyway. Thanks for your time guys.

You could use a single shot receiver but not a repeater. Part of the area that supports the rimfire bolt would be missing in a receiver cut for repeater use. The recoil lugs on the RF bolt are located in the center of the bolt. Here's a picture of a 40x bolt I'm working on for my trainer.

DSC03902.jpg