• Frank's Lesson's Contest

We want to see your skills! Post a video between now and November 1st showing what you've learned from Frank's lessons and 3 people will be selected to win a free shirt. Good luck everyone!

Create a channel Learn more
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Remington 700 barreled action

deadpunch

Private
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2020
New to long range stuff. Where’s the best place to pick up barreled actions? I feel like I’ve google the shit out of Remington 5-r and can never find what I’m looking for.

Buy the action here

Remington actions typically use a shouldered barrel which require fitting by a gunsmith. What a lot of guys do is by a "Remage" barrel that uses a barrel nut to lock down the barrel like a Savage action. To put them together all you need is a wrench to fit the barrel nut and a set of go/no go gauges. Below are just a few that offer prefits.

What is your budget? If a factory Remington isn’t t quite up to snuff for what your looking for I would go straight to a mpa pmr rifle.

This thread is useless without OP giving a FULL build budget. Rem actions will vary from $400 - $2.5k here just so far..... do yourself and the rest of us a favor and put down a price range. No wonder your google searches turn up jack shit.