• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Remington Sendero 300 RUM

marku

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2008
Illinois
First last year I bought a Sendero in 300 Ultra mag. First thing I did was use David Tubbs Final Finish system in the bore. I then got it ready for a hog hunt in Florida. My Sendero has a stamped 1-11" twist (Remingtons site is wrong) barrel. According to people and browsing the internet I heard the Berger 210gr VLD shoots great in these guns. So I loaded 15 Berger 210gr with 89.0gr Retumbo and Winchester LR mag primers. I also then loaded some HOT 125gr Nosler Ballistic tips at 3750fps just for giggles. I shot the 125gr bullets first and to my amazement it was shooting a hair under a inch at 100 yards. Plenty good enough for hogs. So thats what I took hunting. Last week I took out those 125gr loads because I was worried about burning out the barrel fast and loaded more 210gr Bergers with the same 89.0gr but used Federal 215m primers. So in my ammo box I had half winchester primed and half Federal 215m. So I went to the range today to see how they would shoot. Im still amazed that a factory gun can shoot this well.

pictures002.jpg

I shot once (grabbed a winchester primed shell shot as you can see 1" high 1" right. Then without thinking grabbed another shell fired about .75" away (still ok for a hunting gun). But then it hit me. I just picked up a Federal primed cartridge. So then I pulled 2 more winchster primed cartridges out and both stacked on top of the other! The group measured .207 velocity is a supposivly a touch over 3000fps.

Re: Remington Sendero 300 RUM

That pick shows the Winchester primer on the left and the 215 on the right. The shot that was higher was the Federal primed cartridge.

pictures001.jpg

pictures003.jpg

I know its not some custom LR stick but it sure does shoot damn good for what it is. Im very pleased. Now it needs a Little Bastard brake for it.

Oh and I did move it a inch to the left before I cased it up. I only shot 6 total shot and the other 2 hit the target below this target because I didnt bore sight it in before I took it out.

Impressive group Sendero man. Sooner or later im going to send it to APA and have a Little Bastard Brake installed, bedded, lapp the lugs and have the crown recut.

Ive got an SF II in .264 Win Mag and have been pretty amazed with how well it shoots. Don't have any pics to post, but it will stack bullets on top of each other all day long with it's favorite loads.

Nice shooting. If you really want to see what it will do, load up some 240 gr SMK over some Retumbo. I am getting sub .5 MOA groups out of mine with it. I have a 1 in 10 twist barrel though. Not sure about that 1 in 11 though going that heavy. Might surprise you though. Anyway, nice job. It is pretty amazing what these factory guns will do. However, I have a buddy who could not get his Sendero to shoot for anything. After arguing with Remington over an out of spec chamber, he said the heck with it and opened it up to a 300 RUM also.