Gunsmithing Replace Sear Spring-Ruger 77 MRKII 30-06

Re: Replace Sear Spring-Ruger 77 MRKII 30-06

A simple angle change, reduction of engagement and a lighter spring make these triggers outstanding. And good gunsmith should be able to do it. I've done hundreds of them. Any gunsmith not able to do probably isn't smart enought to be a real gunsmith.

I have a rifle basix on an M77MKII, and I love it.. great trigger, and really not an expensive upgrade...

You can mess with triggers, and I am sure there are plenty of people who are competent to do so, however, if you are not comfortable with the angles and workings of a trigger, a replacement is by far the way to go...

YMMV

DD

Just sent off today for a reduced sear spring, $3.49. Did look at the makeup of the trigger and resorted to just polishing friction areas. Thank you and to all for the help.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ARShuter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thye best trigger modification on the MKII is to replace it. Springs do not help this design.</div></div>

I have a standing policy on ruger triggers replace them, i am not spending the time to recut sear angles and change around springs i had one were i took the springs out and the friction of the parts still registered at a 5 pound trigger pull a jard trigger installed is cheaper than my rate for trigger work.
Justin Bowerman