• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rimx Barrel

CroweMan

Private
Minuteman
Mar 12, 2024
Spartanburg
Currently I run a 21" GM barrel by Keystone accuracy, and it's great. However, I'm wanting to move to a 24" for balance purposes. Think I want to go Krieger, which will require waiting, but I've read some good things on Ace barrels. What are y'alls thoughts? Would love to hear about "favorite" barrel as well as see some groups. Thanks!

My opinion is most blanks will do the job. It boils down to who’s doing the work. Examples below are spun up by Manzella Precision for my RimX.
First picture with the multiple at 50y are through a Preferred Barrel Blanks 16t barrel at 24”. Ammo is Midas+.
Second single group is at 200y with a MullerWorks 13t 25” at 200y. Group size is ~1.75”.
IMG_4003.jpeg

IMG_4004.jpeg

Assuming the Ace barrels recounted in the preceding posts are the same "Ace" the Vudoo was using, I'd look elsewhere. This is based on personal experience with the Ace barrel I originally ordered with my gen-1 Vudoo, as well as guidance I received from knowledgeable sources in preparation for upgrading that Vudoo barrel last year. What I heard was that Ace quality deteriorated during the pandemic. I personally know one guy who ordered a gen-2 Vudoo with the immediately-available ACE; he ended up having that barrel replaced by Vudoo.

I went with a Bartlein in MTU contour cut to 22 inches, chambered at Vudoo. Significant improvement.

Fwiw.

IMG_0209.jpeg
Manzella RimX 1.25” 25” ACE…3 groups low left getting rounds through the barrel all others 5 shot groups at 50yds prone with bipod and rear bag…I was having some issues and shooting a new stock that does not fit me…new chassis and groups this weekend.

RW50
SKLRM
Eley Match

26" Ace VCC Contour ( 1.250 > 1.050 )
Manzella Precision smithed it with an Eachus Match chamber
shoots Lapua / SK / Eley equally great
Lot tested the same five lots from an Eley Match test brick at 50yds across two days to check consistency.
-- left target and right target were separate days.
5 shot groups unless otherwise noted.
With the 26" barrel the balance point is just in front of the magazine on an MPA Matrix chassis without need for external weights.

I ordered a case of the 1st and 5th lots

IMG_3587.JPG

Last edited: