• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Ring suggestions

strike33

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 3, 2012
Fort Leonard Wood, MO
Just bought a Steiner 4-16x50 to mount on top of SAC Badger M2008 with an MTU contour barrel. Need some suggestions for rings.
Looking at the Badger S&B, Nightforce 4 or 6 screw Ultralite and the American Rifle company M10s.
Not quite sure what height would be better a 1" or 1.125"
What do you guys recommend?
Thanks

I have seekins rings on my 300 win mag. Very nice rings and will always drop the cash for them. I can not talk about the others since I have never worked with them. As for ring height, you can call nightforce or the other ring companies give them your scope and rifle information and they can tell you the lowest rings that will work. That is what I did and they were spot on. Unless you are running 300 win or higher 4 screws will work but can never have to many right. Hope this helps.

I would suggest the American Rifle Company rings. I have rings from all the manufactures your are looking at and can't think of anything negative about them but I really do like the ARC. I would suggest the 34mm mediums for your set up. Hope that helps!

Seekins .92" height 34mm rings will with a 50mm scope. I use them on my 50mm S&B on a lower base than the Badger. 4 screw will work fine even with a 300WM. 4 screw Seekins are what I use on my scopes up to 300WM and never had any slipping. 6 screw is overkill.