Ron Roark Gunsmith made me a very happy guy!!!!

shawscar17

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 19, 2012
Ventura Ca
Just wanted to give my local gunsmith, Ron Roark Gunsmithing out of Newbury Park CA, some well deserved recognition! I started with a Remington 700 and he trued the action, lapped the lugs, squared the bolt face, installed the Bartlien blank 30 cal 1:11.25 twist, a holland muzzle brake, and did a glass bedding of the stock to the action. Ron was open to questions, worked fast on the project, very reasonable on what he charges compared to other local gun smiths, just an all around good guy. I can not say enough, if you have a progject and live in the southern California area this is the guy for the job! After I did some load development with my rifle I shoot a .062 MOA at 100 yards, less than 1/10 of a MOA, three bullets, one hole, using a bipod and a rear bag (A badger bones bag).

Here is his contact information through Cheaper Than Dirt:
Ron Roark Gunsmithing Information in Newbury Park, CA - Cheaper Than Dirt!

Here is the group at 100 yards:

Here is the rifle:

Please feel free to PM me if you have any further questions. Like I said I don't know how to put into words how nice it was to work with Ron on this build and to see the outcome and how it shoots is just awesome!

Sean

Thanks man, it is a more than a hammer, at 600 yards I was hitting steel all day no problem.... Went out to 1,000 and was able to hit the targets at 1,000 with some wind. I am in love with the rifle. Like I said words just don't come to mind to express how ecstatic I am with my first custom build and working with Ron. Happy shooting.

Sean

Congrats, rifle looks awesome and seems to be a hammer at 100.

I just been back after a while away in the sandbox. I live in southern California and haven't had the best of luck finding a quality gunsmith locally,or even drivable that will do the work in a reasonable time frame( like with in 3 months) and will need a new builder for a Stiller TAC300, broughton tube,and jewel trigger,and badger thruster brake. I just need him to chamber,thread,etc. to finish the barreled action and have the caliber engraved then I'll install it into a AICS I got here for it.From what you said I think I'll give him a ringer' Thanks and your rifle looks and shoots great'

~Reagan

Sorry for the slow response, been working hard the last couple of days. I highly recommend him, solid guy, I would give him a call. I bought the components and delivered them to Ron and he was very quick on the install and did a great job. Good luck with the build!

Sean

I just been back after a while away in the sandbox. I live in southern California and haven't had the best of luck finding a quality gunsmith locally,or even drivable that will do the work in a reasonable time frame( like with in 3 months) and will need a new builder for a Stiller TAC300, broughton tube,and jewel trigger,and badger thruster brake. I just need him to chamber,thread,etc. to finish the barreled action and have the caliber engraved then I'll install it into a AICS I got here for it.From what you said I think I'll give him a ringer' Thanks and your rifle looks and shoots great'

~Reagan