• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Ruger 1022 heavily modified

John_vinblad

Private
Minuteman
Oct 10, 2018
The only part still ruger on this rifle is the action screws and reciever. Kidd bolt, volquartsen barrel, extended bolt handle. Volquartsen trigger. Extended mag release. Is there any chassis for the 10 22 that is any good?

Reactions: 10ring1
I've had my eyeball on this. https://www.pmacamfg.com/products/pmaca-10-22-long-nose-chassis?variant=1760968081438

DSC_0775_1024x1024.jpg

Reactions: 10ring1
I use a Victor Titan and it is very nice but in order to get it's full functionality you need a Kidd receiver as well so you can use the rear tang on the Victor stock. Then you'll have 2 screws on the action to really lock things up.

The Kidd receiver is top notch but you can have your Ruger receiver machined for the rear hold down. Per my gunsmith, he actually machines them very slightly different depending on if you are going with the Kidd rear hold down or the Victor rear hold down-Norcal911

I too have put tons of money in Ruger 10/22's and they shoot well, but they always reminfd me of a book a friend keeps referencing: "How I made on 10/22 shoot well for under $10,000". 'Nuf said. I'd rather have a factory accurate gun than one I sink money into and still have a mediocre rifle.