• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Ruger 22/45 Mark III

I Am Hero

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2011
Grand Rapids, MI
My brother is interested in getting one of these. He owned the shorter version of it before and sold it. He wants to get the one with the 6 7/8" barrel now and have it threaded for a suppressor. He figured it would be a pretty good bet because with these guns they don't have a slide like a Walther P22, etc.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/29494

What do you guys think? I told him I personally prefer the Walther over this gun but that is just my opinion.

Re: Ruger 22/45 Mark III

I have the Walther P22 and that Ruger 22/45. I hate the walther, love the ruger. I actually dont even know where the Walther is I dislike it so much.

My Ruger:
2011-05-02_09-24-49_536.jpg

Love all my MK II's and III's.

Unless he is just shooting way out there, I would suggest he consider the 4" tactical version that has rails top and bottom and is already threaded.

I have both the long and short version MK III 22/45 and can't tell any difference in accuracy at 25 yards.

Just my 2 cents worth.

AR

Hmm, yea I thought it might be a cheaper option to get an already threaded one than it would be to pay for shipping and threading. But he seems pretty set on the 6 7/8" barrel though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alderleet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bought a threaded version.

I honestly hate it. its far from quiet. Accuracy is okay tho </div></div>

Is this with a suppressor attached??

Haha well you never know these days!! But I don't know if it is his silencer or what, because for the most part it seems .22 pistols are some of the easiest (besides an already quieter pistol) to suppress (with exception to rounds like the 45 GAP and ACP that are really easy to make subsonic).

I definitely would recommend the Ruger over the Walther. I have several Rugers, including one of the factory threaded MKIII 22/45s, and they have been great. Whereas my Walther P22 sucks with just about everything, it only like Stingers and not even them always. The Ruger is more accurate, durable and feels more like a real gun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunnut284</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I definitely would recommend the Ruger over the Walther. I have several Rugers, including one of the factory threaded MKIII 22/45s, and they have been great. Whereas my Walther P22 sucks with just about everything, it only like Stingers and not even them always. The Ruger is more accurate, durable and feels more like a real gun. </div></div>

+1 the Walther works but the Ruger is better.