Ruger 77/22 Tactical Stock?

PewPewKC

Private
Minuteman
Apr 23, 2018
KC
Are there any companies that make a Ruger 7722 .22lr composite tactical stock? Mine has a laminated wood stock and am looking to switch it up. In my research, I found that McMillan makes a varmint stock which is very pricey but that was about it. There was a thread in here from July 2011 asking the same question without a good solution. Has anything changed?

The Boyd's Provarmint would be an option. Yes, it is laminate also, but it's shape is basically a copy of the McMillan A5. If you do the black textured paint it's a bit more on the tactical side. Lots of guys use this stock for trainers or NRL22 matches on Savage MK IIs, CZ 455s and so on. At $137 they're honestly a really decent value.

Thanks for the suggestion JaoeyP. It's a good looking stock.

I've read that at least one person modified a Rem 700 composite stock to fit a 7722. Is this a fairly easy conversion?

Also, my rifle has a factory tapered barrel.

Thanks for the suggestion JaoeyP. It's a good looking stock.

I've read that at least one person modified a Rem 700 composite stock to fit a 7722. Is this a fairly easy conversion?

Also, my rifle has a factory tapered barrel.
Not sure about inletting a 700 stock for the 77/22, have no experience with that one...

There was a hide member many moons ago used a bondo bucket or a few cups of marine tex and basically molded an existing stock for his 77/22. Looked good and shot well.

I've patiently waited years for a 77/22 stock to come. Hometown is 30min from Boyds. I am still waiting for an affordable option to come. :cautious:

I've decided it's better to buy a rifle complete and ready out of the box. Don't mind paying good money for good products. But I'm done chasing after vendors who promise to come back to the 77/22 that don't materialize.
Mc Milan made an Anschutz stock intended for silhouette that works well in a tactical role. Don’t know if still available for 77/22

Reactions: Nathan11B
McMillan
IMG_0581.JPG

I was about to pull the trigger (so to speak) on a Remington short action varmint stock and try my hand at sculpting but was saved the inevitable disappointment of failure because I purchased a new Ruger synthetic take off stock. It isn't a varmint/tactical stock but maybe it will be enough change to my '98 77/22 All Weather that I won't have to spend McMillan money or become a marine tex fabricator.

20170520_182415.jpg

Boyd's tacticool laminate. M77/22. It was mounted when I got the rifle, covered in some god awful green. I remember the guy saying something about the inlet being off when he got the stock. I can potentially get more info. Since this photo, my 77 has received a badger knob, clear grip texture, and the entire stock was cleared. Love this weapon and want to build 2 more for my kids. And maybe a 77/17 for myself

Reactions: Westcoast308