• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Ruger MK 1 project

Tylermtech

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2007
Denver
Hi,

I just did a little gunsmithing project on my MK 1 and wanted to show it off.

Here is how it started out, a fairly beat up Ruger with a lot of bluing missing but in pretty good shape
Guns005-1-1.jpg

I had the barrel shortened and threaded for a suppressor, and then I decided to stipple the front and back strap. I did not like the rubber grips, so I decided to make some grips out of some bamboo flooring that I had laying around after a remodel job on the house. I am still not 100% happy with the shape of the grips, but these will do for now. If i can ever get a pair maid that I really like, I may do some in some kind of fancy wood., enough talk, here are some pics
grin.gif

DSCF0072.jpg

DSCF0075-1.jpg

DSCF0073-1.jpg

DSCF0076-1.jpg

Thanks for looking
Tyler

Re: Ruger MK 1 project

that looks damn good. i been thinking about doing the same thing. well i would be dropping mine of to nash aka phyldog on here i think. i plan on asking him at the gun this weekend. i picked it up for 50 bucks from a buddy so it looks pretty rough but i have seen nash make em sexy before. again nice work on it