• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Suppressors Rugged Razor?

vigildom7

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
May 15, 2018
Albuquerque, New Mexico
I know I know just buy a TBAC. I personally can't justify 1k plus for a can plus stamp. That's a lot of reloading supplies and shooting time. Weight isn't an issue for me. As it's already going on a heavy match rifle (17Ibs loaded) but what's the overall experience with the rugged razor. I like the 6 inch length. Short and handy without to much added length. People say the suppression level isn't that great. But I shoot with hearing pro on anyway. I like the idea of a can for some recoil reduction but mostly the reduction in muzzle blast compared to a break. Seems like the double taper lock would but an easy and quick mounting option but hows repeatability on zero when taking on and off?
I am not no champion shooter. But do average top 10 in our local prs match (30-40 shooters) so justifying the Tbac for me is hard.

Its a good can, but yeah, it isn't very quiet. I think it is best on a gas gun as blowback is virtually zero. The mount is only OK in my opinion. The locking ring can get a little slippy, but it stays really tight.

You're spending $200 on a stamp and waiting the better part of a year, not to mention that you have to dick around with paperwork and figuring out the whole corrupt process. You'll feel dirty and used afterwards having forked over $200 for nothing!

My recommendation is to save up for the suppressor that you're totally happy with. If it's the Rugged Razor then so be it. I don't have any experience with that one.

From the tone of your post it sounds like you really want a different can.

You'll most likely have it for forever, and it will most likely stay in the family for eternity.

Go big!

Well I use the Rugged Razor on my MPA 6.5 Creedmoor and really like it. I don’t use ear pro when shooting with it. I would hardly call it loud on the end of my 26” barrel. As far as being repeatable I remove it every time I pack up and it’s dead on the next trip every time. I have LOTS of cans and feel the Rugged is a great option for a bolt gun. The mount locks up tight and stays tight. The size and dB reduction are just right for me. I’m interested in the new suppressors from Gunwerks and may get one but I can’t find a reason as of now why it or a TABC would take the Razors place

I can not comment on the rugged razor, but I did see the rugged radiant at shot. It looks nice but price point might be more than you are looking to spend. The guys at their booth were nice and were full of great information. However, like bluegrasspicker stated, take the time and ensure that you will be happy with your purchase/investment.

Last edited:
The only problem with the attachment system is that it can't easily be taken off one handed. It doesn't come loose inadvertently, it just requires two hands.