Russian SKS Identification/Value

CrabsandFootball

Banhammer
Banned !
Minuteman
Apr 28, 2020
Hello,

I have what looks like based on what I can gather online, an Original Russian Tula 1951 SKS. It does not appear to have been refinished and has all the signs of an original gun including the yellow protective coating on the bayonet.

I was in the process of selling it and someone said it could be worth alot more than what I was planning to offer it for.

Is anyone here a SKS guru and could help clear up what this thing is and what its value may be?

All matching numbered parts, KBI SKS-45 import, Blued, Correct Stock with cartouches ect. The stock has some wear to it but the blueing is very nice on it.
20210202_121503.jpg
20210202_121517.jpg
20210202_121653.jpg

I've seen a lot of 'em, they were giving those and AK's away in the 90's, I recall 'em going for $79, new/unused. AK's were $179 FWIW. How I wish I'd bought every Romanian rifle I came across...

Anyway, most of the SKS's were Chinese variants of some kind or another. They did look different than what you have so it's not the usual run of the mill 90's China shit that is so common.

Worth getting to the bottom of. I'd post this in the "vintage" section, you're likely to get more traffic over something like this.

They never gave these away. The Non -Refurb/ Non- Arsenal Refinish guns were like a 1:100 ratio to rearsenalled or refurbished guns.

The difference is these guns are correct from the day they were built. Imagine a M1 garand that is exactly the same as it came off the assmbly line in 1942 with origional barrel, finish, stock, bayonet with all matching parts, ect. Increases the value drastically due to rarity.

Russian SKS wern't imported in huge numbers, most you see were yugos or chicoms. It would be like saying a PSA is the same as a SR15 because they both look the same.

It sounds like a few of these slipped in with the refubs when KBI was importing them. This one also has the rare golden/yellow bayonet which indicates it may have never been issued.

I just don't know enough about them to be definitive. I also have no idea how to price it because I can't find any like it for sale anywhere.

With the original post edited to state sold pending meet, I’d say it brought the $1000. Here’s a link to the ones that were marked gone, no telling if they actually sold or just marked gone.

With the original post edited to state sold pending meet, I’d say it brought the $1000. Here’s a link to the ones that were marked gone, no telling if they actually sold or just marked gone.

Thats a Refurb.

It doesn't have the original stock (which makes it a refurb)