Rifle Scopes S&B GRID Reticle Thoughts and Opinions?

Cold_Bore_88

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 13, 2013
The Woodlands, TX
Anyone out there using the S&B GRID? What are your thoughts on the reticle? Too busy? The H59 is a little too busy for me but the GRID uses dots instead of lines, so I thought I may not mind it too much.

Not a fan of the dots above the horizontal stadia but think I could get use to it.

I have a PMII MTC with a Gen II XR that I have been thinking about selling or swapping the reticle on. Final $$$ amount ends up around the same if I sell it and buy a NF with a Mil-XT reticle or send it in for a reticle swap.

Thoughts and opinions welcome.

I tested the 5-25x56 with GR2ID reticle last year. I really liked it a lot more than I thought I would. It is kinda like Horus done right.

ILya

Despite not actually looking through one, I tend to agree. It seems like your sight picture is much more visible than with H59.

I am always hesitant to buy scope with reticles I have not tried. But I haven’t seen anything bad about this one.

Despite not actually looking through one, I tend to agree. It seems like your sight picture is much more visible than with H59.

I am always hesitant to buy scope with reticles I have not tried. But I haven’t seen anything bad about this one.

Starting at 10:38

Here are some closing thoughts on a bunch of fancy scopes:

ILya

Anyone out there using the S&B GRID? What are your thoughts on the reticle? Too busy? The H59 is a little too busy for me but the GRID uses dots instead of lines, so I thought I may not mind it too much.

Not a fan of the dots above the horizontal stadia but think I could get use to it.

I have a PMII MTC with a Gen II XR that I have been thinking about selling or swapping the reticle on. Final $$$ amount ends up around the same if I sell it and buy a NF with a Mil-XT reticle or send it in for a reticle swap.

Thoughts and opinions welcome.
I’ve been in pretty much the exact same dilemma. I so wish it didn’t cost about $900 for the swap...

True. I’ve tried other glass and really like my Schmidt’s, and the Grid is fantastic. Just having a hard time justifying the cost in my head.
Another way to look at it is like an engine overhaul. If you have a scope that's been around the block a while, the $900 cost includes a complete disassembly of the scope in order to replace the reticle lens, this also means they will be cleaning and testing everything as they re-assemble the scope, so yes, the cost is a bit high but there may be benefits beyond the reticle itself. Also, if you have a sticky or tight parallax/mag ring, dust inside, or any other issues, this would be the perfect time to have them address those. Schmidt USA is really good at taking care of their customers.

I’m another that is looking to send my 5-25 in for this reticle swap. I really like the dots and the fine-ness of the lines, combined with the heavy duplex. Lack of heavy bars in my H2CMR is my biggest complaint. I sure wish Schmidt would put this reticle in the Ultra Shorts.

just acquired an Accuracy International AT with both .308 and 6.5 creedmoor… mounted the S&B 5-25 56 with Grid and is an absolute sweet combination... clear, bright and the windage and hold overs are quick, visible and solid... love this reticle and scope combination