• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes S.H.O.T. Show 2012 Optics Update by SWFA, Inc.

Re: S.H.O.T. Show 2012 Optics Update by SWFA, Inc.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What exactly is the Leupold Mark 6? Google isn't coming up with anything, and the prices are slightly below their new 3,000$ Mark 4 ER/T they introduced last year.</div></div>
Mark6 is 6x magnification erector. Mark8 is 8x magnification erector.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USACS</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What exactly is the Leupold Mark 6? Google isn't coming up with anything, and the prices are slightly below their new 3,000$ Mark 4 ER/T they introduced last year.</div></div>
Mark6 is 6x magnification erector. Mark8 is 8x magnification erector. </div></div>

That sounds great, but what exactly is a magnifier erector?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sititunga1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USACS</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What exactly is the Leupold Mark 6? Google isn't coming up with anything, and the prices are slightly below their new 3,000$ Mark 4 ER/T they introduced last year.</div></div>
Mark6 is 6x magnification erector. Mark8 is 8x magnification erector. </div></div>

That sounds great, but what exactly is a magnifier erector? </div></div>

That is the "multiplier" of your magnification range.
an 8x mag erector will give you 8x magnification, 1-8x mag, or 2-16x mag, etc.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hk dave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">47 ounces on a 3-15... holy moly. lol </div></div>

And, according to AccurateShooter, MSRP approaching $4k.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Unreconstructed</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sititunga1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USACS</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What exactly is the Leupold Mark 6? Google isn't coming up with anything, and the prices are slightly below their new 3,000$ Mark 4 ER/T they introduced last year.</div></div>

That sounds great, but what exactly is a magnifier erector? </div></div>

That is the "multiplier" of your magnification range.
an 8x mag erector will give you 8x magnification, 1-8x mag, or 2-16x mag, etc. </div></div>

Thanks. Or in layman's terms the Mark 6 is a x6 magnification scope, and the Mark 8 is an x8 magnification scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: zinny</div><div class="ubbcode-body">any word on the price of the new hensoldt 3.5-26? </div></div>

4k range, just a porto so we will have to wait and see for pricing when it ships.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Trijicon SARS:
Definitely 47oz
MAP: $3,500 </div></div>

Risky move, dancing into S&B and Hendsoldt territory.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 264Charlie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: zinny</div><div class="ubbcode-body">any word on the price of the new hensoldt 3.5-26? </div></div>

4k range, just a porto so we will have to wait and see for pricing when it ships. </div></div>

If it doesn't have a reticle that blows....it might be time to add another Henny to the inventory.

Anyone else notice some of the new Leupy's are listed as 34mm and some as 35mm tubes??

Seems odd, but maybe they needed that extra mm to pack something in.

Will make it a ring headache for them though.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7vOnAHqRI1s"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7vOnAHqRI1s" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

That elevation knob is kick ass. Nice job Mike.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rtr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Anyone got a pic of said magazine page?</div></div>

Here's the TARs took a screenshot from the link posted above.
149wh0i.jpg
</div></div>

OK Tell CFII to quote me a price. Looks like me ripping the engineers at Trijicon when the first 5-20 came out and telling them what was needed did some good. They told me it would take three years concept to production. Now you got my interest up.

I think Trijicon should send me a sample to test --- LOL

Wes

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Trijicon SARS:
Definitely 47oz

You mean TARS right? Not, Severe acute respiratory syndrome.
Now I can finally say something is heavier than my Premier 3-15X50...47oz that is close to a 33% increase in weight compared to the Premier! Must be one brute son of a B. The weight really doesn't bother me if this scope turns out to be indestructible.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Awesymoto</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Edit: holy crap what idiot put the battery replacement on the bottom of the optic.
</div></div>

WOW.....WTF!!
shocked.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PSYOPS</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Awesymoto</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Edit: holy crap what idiot put the battery replacement on the bottom of the optic.
</div></div>

WOW.....WTF!!
shocked.gif
</div></div>

Seriously?!?! What were they thinking? Well, this should die a quick death.

Those pictures where taken by someone who does not know anything about the product. I am pretty sure 99.8% that the battery compartment is in the parallax knob, the bottom cover does not appear to be USER level access also it is way to small for a CR2032 Battery.

Also note how they took a picture of the windage knob and mistakenly called it the Parallax.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: frankythefly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Those pictures where taken by someone who does not know anything about the product. I am pretty sure 99.8% that the battery compartment is in the parallax knob, the bottom cover does not appear to be USER level access also it is way to small for a CR2032 Battery.

Also note how they took a picture of the windage knob and mistakenly called it the Parallax.

</div></div>

hope your right. Upon closer inspection the turret block area on the tube reminds me of the USO w/ TPALS... it reminds me if several optic companies had a gangbang.

clicking on the "Aircraft-Grade Hard-Anodized Aluminum" link shows a picture of presumably the parallax knob with a slit centered on top of it. Im pretty sure that's the battery compartment cap, which can be should be able to be unscrewed with any small coin.

edit: they definitely screwed up with the pics, the parallax link displays the windage knob......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hypno</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think I'm gonna like the new bushys for the price point. Anyone fingered one of them? </div></div>
I'm with you, I would like to hear some feedback on the Ill-BRT reticle in the 6-24x50 FFP Elite. Looks like a nice upgrade from the standard mil-dots.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Viper PST 1-4x24 FFP, EBR-5, MOA Capped Turrets (Fall 2012), $699.95</div></div>

I don't get it... MOA? Capped Turrets?

If they just took their existing Viper PST 1-4x mil based scope (with its nice exposed CRS turrets) and made it FFP, they would have a real winner. The fact that its SPF is the only reason I haven't bought one of these already.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: frankythefly</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Trijicon SARS:
Definitely 47oz

You mean TARS right? Not, </div></div>

Yea

Had the SARS on my mind from playing with the 1.75MOA dot it had.

There was also a battery powered Acog in the booth that has an extremely bright illumination system.

@SWFA: let the cat out of the bag already, SHOT has been open for a few hours now (not including yesterday). What's new in the SS line????

I can't wait any longer and I have not heard from my "moles" on the inside yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7vOnAHqRI1s"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7vOnAHqRI1s" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

That elevation knob is kick ass. Nice job Mike. </div></div>

Aw shit! There goes my pocket book. I've been wanting more magnification before switch over to .338 Lapua. Now I'll have to upgrade the Henny I have already.

If you guys are bringing back some cool demo stuff for samplelist the Mafia wants first peek
smile.gif

Im having OT withdrawals already I had to come here to get intel to deciede on my next scope from SWFA
smile.gif
The TARS Trijicon sounds pretty cool but out of my price range at $3500. dam the bad luck, but I still love the other Trijicon models. And I had my new 3-9x42 Mil Quad Super Sniper on the range today 12 degrees fresh snow - had the range to myself
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mute</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7vOnAHqRI1s"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7vOnAHqRI1s" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

That elevation knob is kick ass. Nice job Mike. </div></div>

Aw shit! There goes my pocket book. I've been wanting more magnification before switch over to .338 Lapua. Now I'll have to upgrade the Henny I have already. </div></div>

holy smokes! I"m not sure about 18mils per rev (possible mushiness perhaps), but that mag with the NH-1....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pwerstroke</div><div class="ubbcode-body">S&B? </div></div>

They'll probably come out with their 1-8... again
smile.gif

Seems like a wasted effort on their part when all they had to do is offer more elevation adjustment in their Accupoint 5x20. Just my 2 pennies.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cox380</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Still nothing new from SWFA?? </div></div>

The wait for SWFA is getting downright stupid........ Guess they invented some top secret shit that nobody else have ever heard of or made!